Chapter 20: Run

Stay tuned till the end for an announcement. ~~~~~

I feel myself dip into consciousness. My body aches, my body screaming for me to fall asleep that way I wouldn't feel any of the pain. The pain in my back and face. I feel my ears twitch with anticipation and I shake from fear. I know for a fact that this was all caused by my father's wolf. At this point I have so much anger, that I don't feel any. Does that make sense? Once again, I try to open my eyes but miserably fail. Due to my Beta genes, I wasn't knocked out for too long. Since I have healing enhancing, I just passed out, nothing bigger than that.

"Mason!" I hear a soft plead belonging to Cleo followed by another plead from what I guess is my mother. Then of course a grunt from my dad. As per usual.

My eyes snap open, the need to be by my mate's side growing. While my body aches with unimaginable pain, my mind still overpowers my function. I hear a squeal belonging to Cleo. I turn my head over to the noise, wincing when I feel a sharp pain in my neck. A sad smile makes its way onto my lips, my eyes drooping though my wolf begging to see my mate. Unlike other senseless wolves, I want to fulfill what he wants. 

"Cleo." I say breathlessly, looking at her broken figure and red stained cheeks. I really need to stay out of trouble. The more I get hurt, the more she cries. Jeez, why has my life been so eventful recently? I guess the universe always delivers no matter how annoying it is. Though I don't want to cause so much pain to my mate. Cleo beams me a bright smile and wraps her small arms around my neck, making me wince. On a normal day like this, my mother would squeal but I get now she gets the point. "You okay, Omega?" I ask her gently, using her pet name. She nods, her head in the crook of my neck.

I look at my father disappointingly. I get that it was his wolf in charge, but he should stand up for himself. Humans and wolves have to be fifty/fifty. Any way other than that, and everything is thrown out of balance. My wolf and I understand that fact, why don't they? It's easy, both sides should have control for a certain amount of time. If you don't shift into your wolf that often, then the wolf will grow restless and that's how misunderstandings and problems start. But that's the problem. My father fears his wolf, so he doesn't shift nearly as frequent as others. There would be no fear in the beginning if he would just shift like everyone else!

"Happy that you're alive, Mason." My father says under his breath, most likely embarrassed from earlier events. Regret and pain is evident in his eyes, like throwing a whole bag of bricks at me. I can feel Cleo shake in fear as my father's voice breaks the silence. Great, now my mate is afraid of my father. "I'm sorry my wolf took control, I never knew his intentions. If I knew, I never would have let him" My father's face grows grim and I frown at him. In the meantime, I block out everyone else in the room.

"Never is a big word, dad." My father looks anywhere other than me, causing me to sigh. "He just wants room to run." He looks at me questioningly. "You may fear him, but all he wants is to run. You barely even shift dad and he needs this. Werewolves are meant to be fifty/fifty. Your wolf wants control. Give him control, and he'll calm down." I promise my father, looking down at Cleo as I lean back my head against the pillow and look at the ceiling. Cleo shifts around so she's now on the observation bed with me, her face still pressed against the crook of my neck. "That's why your wolf is so possessive and protective of mum. He wants to be in control too. I'm right, aren't I dad? Ask him yourself." I say, never once turning to look at his gaze. Instead, I stroke Cleo's hair.

Seconds pass full of silence until my father whispers a 'yes'. "Honey, you need to let out your wolf." My mum whispers to my dad, her voice full of sorrow. I close my eyes, rubbing my mate's back as she purrs slightly. "I think Mason is right, let your wolf run. Come back in a few hours and tell us how it went. As for you, Mason..." I turn my aching head to look at her. "The doctor said you're free to go but you are put under strict bed rest. If you move or do anything active, doc fears that it will take you weeks to heal." I nod to her and turn towards Cleo. "Now, we have to go, love. I will join you if your wolf wishes." Again, seconds pass.

"Blazed would be pleased for you to join." His voice never once lacked his sorrow. I knew that it will never waver until I accept his apology. Though I don't want to accept it until I talk to Cleo about it. My father's wolf was about to kill her after all.

As my dad stands up to go let out his wolf, I grab his hand before he can leave. "I can tell you this, I don't accept your apology quite yet, but I will let you know when I do. Until then, lighten up. While I'm on bed rest, I put you as temporary Beta until I am well enough to continue my Beta position." As soon as those words pass through my lips, I smell my father's scent strengthen as my strong aura leaves me only to soak into his pores. Now, people feel the Beta power in him instead me. That way, no one will question his authority over the pack while I'm out.

"Thank you, Mason." He offers me a smile as my mother chaperones him to the door. When they leave and I hear the soft click of the door, I look down at Cleo.

"Cleo, what do you think about my father? You fear him, don't you?" I feel her head bob up and down a few times. "Baby, there's no need for you to be scared of him. He looks to you as a daughter of his own. It's not his fault anyway, I was being rude to my mother and his wolf didn't like that. It's my fault. If I weren't of made my mother cry, you and I wouldn't be in this position currently. You can hate me if you wish but don't blame my father. My dad would take it all back if he could. But this is life, it's normal. So I ask you this, my Omega, are you okay with me accepting my father's apology? I pinkie swear, it was his wolf, not him."

"Okay, Mason, I trust you." She looks up, offering her pinkie. I hook mine with her own, smiling. "But Mas, I ask one thing of you." I look at her questioningly as she silently pleads me for something I'm not sure for as of yet. "Mark me."

~~~~~

HERRROOOOOO! 

Yeah yeah, short update, I know. For the next few chapters, things are going to cool down. Cuz ya'll deserve it. Also, WE MADE IT TO 20 CHAPTERSSSS. There are many more to come I swear.

This book will be ending in about twenty more chapters or so. Either way, I hope you guys like it!

So I had a few finals last week but I have about three or four more starting Monday so updates will take a while. Though after the finals, is CHRISTMAS BREAK. So I promise I will make up all the lost time then. No worries my Koalas, it will be okay. BEG TO THE GODS THAT I WILL PASS MY CLASSES! Spanish especially! 

Hope you all have an amazing Sunday or heck, even the whole week!

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND FOR STICKING AROUND FOR TWENTY CHAPPIES! I LOVEEEE YOU ALLLL!

VIRTUAL HUGS FOR ALL OF YOU!

BAI UNTIL NEXT TIME! 

Whispers: ****Now time to watch Markiplier while "Studying" (Notice the quotes)****

~Koalaz99