Chapter 40: Down Goes the Dynamite

A glare settles on my face, lightly growling as I crossed my arms over my chest. On either sides of me, was the Rouge Alpha's son as well as Jasper. Both were on their knees, duct tape over their mouths as well as their wrists and ankles tied with a thick and strong rope. As promised, we were in the same location that I killed some of his men.

We were only waiting on the Alpha to arrive.

As my new plan went, I have some of my warriors stationed with guns. In each bullet, it held an extremely high dosage of death serum. Some were in the trees and some were in the bushes. They are all in camouflage and have a scent clearing potion on them. Every gun is fully loaded and ready to shoot. Once signal from me, and the Alpha will hit the ground, dead.

Hearing loud pounding against the forest floor, the Alpha rides on one of his warrior's backs who were in wolf form. As well as five of his rouges behind him, looking rabid almost. They all slow down, nearing us. The Alpha walks up to me with a devilish smirk on his face.

"I thought we agreed neither one of us would bring backup." I growl, a death glare on him.

Everyone in the trees aim for the Alpha. People in the bushes aim for the backup. Don't stop shooting until every body hits the ground. I mind link them all, growling.

Everyone agrees through the link.

"I think we both knew one of us would." He shrugs, as if it was not big deal. I roll my eyes, kicking his son's back, making him fall to the ground. The Rouge Alpha thunders out, snarling. "Remember, Mason, I'm the one with backup. And we are in nuetral land. Here, you're vulnerable. So don't do anything you'll regret."

"You can't touch me." I mutter.

"The other way around, young wolf." His eyes reaches mine and he once again smirks. "What will you say to Jasper's parents, I wonder."

I snarl at him. "Enough with this. We're here for a deal after all." Narrowing my eyes, I see something lurking behind his own. And I think I know exactly what he's up to.

"Quite. Now that I'm at it, why not kill you as well?" I act shocked, widening my eyes. "Now, now, no need to act like that. We both saw it coming." Putting all his weight on one leg, he kicks his other one in front of him. "I mean, I can't help it. It is in my blood afterall, you know, being a rouge. Wow, this sure does change things, doesn't it?" His son next to me on the ground makes a muffled chuckling noise.

"It really does." I smirk, nodding in my head.

Just like that, the bullets from the guns are shot at once, making large blows sound. As I had instructed, they were going trigger happy. I throw my arm up in the air, having my hand formed into a fist. Then the noises stop. Three seconds later, all of the bodies fell to the ground in sync. Lowering my arm, I smirk.

All my pack warriors drop from the trees, making loud thuds. Other warriors came out from the bushes. Every single person had a smile of their own on their faces. They all congratulate one another and I chuckle.

"Alright guys, good job. I taught you well. You have the rest of the day off." Thanking me, everyone runs off, most likely going to their mates and families. Turning to Jasper, I rip off the tape. He lets out a quiet scream and I walk around him, untying the ropes.

"Finally. Do you know how much my arm was hurting me?" I shrug and turn to the Alpha's son. Ripping the tape off, he screams.

"How fucking dare you?" He spat at me, venom in his tone. "You kill my own blood in front of me? How can one go so low?" I roll my eyes at him. He's such a hypocrite. "Now what are you gonna do to me? Lock me up in your pathetic dungeons until the day I die? Oh, I'm so looking forward to it. Its just so original! While you're at, why don't you just slit my throat and get it over with? I'd take Hell over one more day in your pathetic p-" I smack the duct tape back on his mouth.

"Oh, I love this noise so much better. You should really be taking notes, you know." He rolls his eyes.

"Look, Mason, I'm really sorry about everything that happened. I know it was wrong but there was something in me telling me to. I guess I've always been envious of you. Even as a Beta, you were stronger than me. Then there's the fact that you always get the ladies. You've had so many options for people to love. Everyone falls to your feet. Everyone loves you. Then here I am. Not even my mate wanted me. Your mate came along and I guess I wished I could have the same. I guess I never really liked any of you in that way but I sorta coaxed myself into believing it. I was to the extent of brainwashed. But I did it to myself. I know I was so fuckimg wrong. I know it. Wishing for mates to be apart. It was dumb all from the start. I was doing it to my own best friend. That was the part that hurt the most. You know me, I was a hopeless romantic. I love all the most smallest things about a relationship. Like literally everything. Neck kisses and all. I was just that desperate to stoop to that level. I'd take it all back if I could, but I can't. I just want a girl to love. Me for me." He hangs down his head, full of sorrow.

"This weekend we have to go to school to take the final exam. Our parents come home on Monday. We have my mate's old best friend is now the Gamma and I know he likes her. I have enough on my plate but for the time being, I can't accept your apology. Apologize to Cleo. If she accepts it, so do I. Kill this man then go apologize." With that, I walk away. 

Finally getting home, I rub my face and sigh.

Now I have to study on the stupid final exam. Atleast after I finish, I don't have to attend school anymore. And since I'm Alpha of my pack, I'm not going to school anymore after this. College would just be a waste. But I can't fail this. With me having a kid, I most definitely can't redo the year. My pack and family needs me. I can't redo it. I just can't.

Sitting down in my office chair, I start googling and taking notes. Skimming through the paragraphs, I write all the important information down. I disregard all the unimportant stuff. Running my fingers through my messy bed hair, I groan. My brain physically hurts. I rub my palm against my cheek again, wanting to quit. I massage my forehead, typing away at the computer.

"Hey, Mas!" Cleo skips into my office, Miles standing next to her. Both had a smile on their faces. I feel a pang in my chest but choose to ignore it. I should just be happy for her. I smile back at her.

"Hey, babe. Enjoying seeing your friend again?" She immediately nods and grins. I chuckle and nod. Babe, I would love to continue talking, but I have to study for the exam."

"Okay, we'll go. I just wanted to say I love you." She smikes happily, leaning over the desk to kiss my cheek. "Junior's hungry so we were just about to get some food. Want me to get you anything?"

"No baby girl, it's okay. Just go feed our baby now." I laugh, grinning while she nods. I turn back to my studies and tap my chin.

Cleo's POV_

Together, me and Miles walk away from my mate's office. A littke smile plays on my face. Together, Mason and I will have a child. We were talking about it and decided that Mikes will be the only one to know the gender. That way, when the day comes, we would cut the cake and on the inside would be either blue or pink according to the baby's gender.

I've never been more anxious in my life.

A huge smile stayed painted across my face. Since I heard of the news, it has never once drifted off. When I went off to the mall with a few other females, I ended up buying a test.

My happiness knows no limits.