Little Moments 1: Pine Needle

Mason's POV_

Laying there in the grass whilst holding my mate's hand feels like a dream. Lying in the meadow with flowers flowing all around us. The soft breeze as it kisses my skin. I love having these little moments with my mate. No wonder why I love the word 'forever' so much now. As long as I was with Cleo, everything will be alright.

Holding hands, I rub small circles on the back of her hand.

"Hey." Cleo slowly looks over at me, a smile on her face.

"Yes, Mas?" Cleo's soft angelic voice rings through my ears. Just as sweet as honeysuckle.

A soft grin makes it's way onto my face. As I stare up into the clouds, I could almost see a formed cloud that reminds me of her. "You're really special to me." I look back over to her to see a smile playing at her lips.

"How so?" She teases, making me softly chuckle.

"You see over there?" I point to a pine tree, a smile still on my face.

"Yes?" It's obvious she's confused but she goes along with it.

"Pick and look at any pine needle you want to." I smile, making her lift an eyebrow at me.

"Found one." She whispers, keeping her eyes trained on it.

"You're the only person in the world to see it." I smile, making her look back to me as we lock eyes. "You're just like that that pine needle." My smile grows and I lift up our hands, kissing the back of hers and laying them gently back onto the ground. "I laid my eyes on you and it was then, that you were mine. Out of all the people in the world -the other pine needles- I claimed you. Just like that, you were no one else's. That's how special you are to me. You're one in a billion pine needles, my love. And to think, you're my pine needle. Just by chance did I see you." I look at her with loving eyes. "But I wouldn't change it for the world." I whisper, shuffling over closer to her. As we look at each other, our noses just barely brush the other's.

Just like that, she captures me in a long and slow kiss. I quietly whimper as she pulls away.

"I love you." She whispers, turning over so she's laying on me.

"I love you too, pine needle."