Chapter 41: The Gender

Mason's POV_

-time skip-

A smile proceeds to make its way onto my face, standing behind my mate. Wrapping my arms around Cleo, I rest my chin on her shoulder. There, on the island table, was a cake. Inside, held the color of our baby's gender. I wanted it to sorta be closed so there was only Jasper, my parents, Kieth, and Miles.

Pheonix and Keagon had left a while ago to his pack. Jasper healed from me breaking his arm and had already began working as a pack medic. I took my final exam and since I had studied my heart out, it went great. I passed and all. But sadly, Jasper had to redo the year since he failed. It was surprising that Kieth passed because he skipped a lot of days in the beginning. Things were turning around and for the best.

The future looked brighter than ever. Well, besides Jasper. He's been all over girl wise. He's been draging in females from anywhere he could find. But we all know why he's doing this. He just wants someone in his life. After his mate left him all that time ago, his eyes have been empty ever since.

I look around the island table to everyone with huge smiles. But with Miles having the largest smile of all, as if that was possible. I mean, after all, Miles was the only one that knew the gender. That is, until a few more minutes.

"Is it bad that I'm hesistating?" Cleo whispers, her eyebrows creased. I know what she's thinking. She's scared. I am too. But it's all part of growing up. I kiss her shoulder and hum.

"No, baby girl. You're just nervous. We both are. But you just got to know, through everything, our baby will be okay." I rest my hand against her now large bump. "We're going to be okay."

"Promise?" She whimpers, closing her eyes tightly.

I kiss her cheek and nod.

"I promise."

She nods to me. Still not opening her eyes, she inhales and lets it out long and slow. Finally opening her eyes, she nods and picks up the knife. Cleo slowly cuts out a slice, never once pulling the piece back to reveal the inside color. I can feel my heart beat pounding in my chest and I gulp. Along with that, I hear Cleo's in my ears. So much, that I get a pounding migraine. It sounds and feels like someone shoving titanium against my brain and my skull.

My weight almost shoves Cleo against the island table but last second, I wrap one arm around her and throw my other arm out, griping the counter with that one. I slowly stand us back up and offer to have the knife. With a shaky hand, she gives me it. I grab a small plate and pull back the slice, putting it on the place.

But when my eyes look at the color, it's as if all the pain vanished. My heart beat steadied and I felt happy tears about to spill. But Cleo was already crying. She turns around and hugs me, crying into my chest happily.

"So...? What is it?" My mom asks excitingly, cocking her head to the side. Everyone else nodded their head, besides Miles of course.

"Its a girl." I say, putting my head down into Cleo's neck and nuzzling it. I hear my mom scream and dad curse. But everyone was cheering and congratulating us.

Cleo dragged me down to the ground so we were both on our knees, her sobbing her eyes out.

I chuckle and rub her back. "It's okay, baby. It's okay." I lift her head up by her chin and capture her lips into a kiss. It was long and soft but enough to get my point across. She ends it and presses her forehead against mine.

She wraps her arms around my neck and puts her head into my neck. "Thank you, Mason. For giving me a life I never thought I'd ever have. All those years in the dungeons, I wanted freedom. But when I left, you gave me much more. You showed me how to love. You showed me exactly why life was worth living."

I feel a tear run down my cheek and I kiss her hair. "I love you, Cleo."

"I love you too, Mas."

________________________

THE END......or is it?

NO IT IS NOT! As soon as this is up, I will officially release the second book. Here is the cover!!!

Be sure to add it from my profile! °°°💜🐨°°°

°°°💜🐨°°°