Chapter 27: No Thanks, We're Good

"Hey." One of the humans who usually sat with us, Tyler, looks at me and gives me his usual smile. Though I know that smile was just like all the others -a way he can show the females how popular he is by talking to us. That's exactly how he's always been. He finds a way on how to make himself appear better. It's just a reputation stunt that he pulls in order to get a girlfriend.

Though I don't think that he's figured out yet that basically every girl in this room is repulsed by him. I guess he has too big of an ego to accept that no one likes him in that way. Every time he would ask a girl out and they would say no, he'd just think that they were playing hard to get then would continue to chase them down 'till the girls practically drowned him in pepper spray. I don't get how the guy doesn't understand the point of a not so subtle hint.

With a normal dude, they would just say okay and leave. But no, this dude just follows them around for the rest of the day like a lost puppy. You know how I mentioned before on how insane my 'fangirls' were? Yeah, well he takes insane down by a single level. He legit follows girls to their houses and just sits there -waiting until they come outside. That's actually why he was forced to move here. The old place he lived at, he got too many restraining orders against him.

Many people tried to take him to court, but it never usually worked out. You see, his parents are rich. So they don't care whether he rapes a person or dies tragically by being stabbed two hundred times in the back. That's sort of why I let him stick around him.

While I absolutely hate pity with a burning passion, I kinda don't blame him. Regardless, he should never do that, but he would never go farther than following girls home. I just feel bad because his parents had never treated him right. They sure as hell never gave him the love he deserved as a kid. His parents have just never taught him what to and what not to do. No one told him that following girls home was wrong. No one patted him on the back when he did something right. No human being should be treated like that. If I ever dared to do that, my mom would slap me upside the head. Then followed by a million whips.

He's not a bad person, he was just never raised correctly.

"Hey, Tyler. Oh, how was the basketball game last night?" Jasper asks with a smile on his face. I've never been one to talk to people, that being the reason for why Jasper speaks up for me most of the time.

"Oh, we won!" Tyler rejoices, fist bumping the air with a cocky smirk on his lips. Then his eyes turn to connect with mine. "Mason, you weren't at school." He looks over at Cleo with suspicion in his eyes. I try to bite back the growl that was daring to escape.

"Sorry, champ. The fam is very complicated, y'know?" I force out a smirk of mine. Thankfully unlike the other two, he didn't seem to notice.

"Aye, I gotchu, man. No worries." This time, he turns in his seat to Cleo. "Hey, I don't believe I've see you 'round these parts. I'm Tyler." Grinning, he extends his hand to her. 

"Ah. Mason never mentioned you." Cleo cocks her head to the side, utter bewildered. Though that definitely took a blow to Tyler's ego. Taking into account that his lips parted and his arm drooped. He recovers quickly.

"Oh..." Seconds of silence past until he fully retracts his arm and sends a kind smile our way. "No need to worry. You've been busy like you said, eh? No sweat." He's very....easygoing today.

Mason. I don't think any of these humans can see your ears or tail. Maybe it's only invisible to the human eye? Speaking of that, we should probably go check that out. Perhaps we can somehow get rid of them. Jasper connects with me through mind link, a confused frown on his face.

Yeah, I've noticed that. We should probably go check that out when I get back from the Luna finding activities. We shouldn't talk to the Elders until after. The Elders might try to connect with the council and that won't be very good. Whatever is happening, I can feel it in my marrow. Something is up and we need to figure out what it is. I say back, my eyes still glazed over as well as Jasper's.

Mason. Jasper says sternly in order to grasp all my attention. 

Yes? I instantly grow nervous of what he would want to say to me.

I'm the Alpha. I call the shots. Jasper slightly growls through the link, his eyebrows furrowing.

Yes, Alpha. I grumble, now suddenly irritated. Jasper ends the link, a sign he doesn't want to talk anymore. Alphas are very confusing. 

"Hey, there's a party coming up. You down?" Tyler notices that we came out of our daze and took the time to continue.

"Sure."

"No."

Of course, I said no. Jasper said sure.  The exact same time.

"We're fine, thanks."

"We'd love to go."

Again, common sense. Jasper and I both look at each other and frowned.

"We're busy, sorry. Maybe next time."

"We're not busy, we'll stop by, Ty."

Common sense.

"How about you just decide whether or not to come, eh?" Tyler arches his eyebrow, grabbing his tray and standing up. "You two are like an old married couple." He says, completely disgusted then walking away shortly after.

"We're going."

"We're not going."