Chapter 38: Becoming a Dad

Mason's POV_

It's only been a day since my sister and Keagon had come home. As far as the pack doctors have told me, Keagon should be an easy recovery. It was Pheonix that was in trouble. Theres been several occasions to where her breathing shallowed to practically nothing. But thankfully, she always bounced back. And because its been a while since Keagon went back to his pack, he will be leaving when Pheonix is stable.

In the beginning he would leave alone as soon as he recovered. He only wouldn't leave with Cleo for my sake. It took a small bit for me but I knew of all days to let my sis go, it would be now. I have to give her up. So with that, I told him to take Cleo home. To his home. So when she stablizes, he will take her to his pack so there she will be continued to be monitered. I made sure to tell him that everything that had happened here would stay here. That the information over for a while would not be spread. Only his Beta and the exception of a few others would know.

But meanwhile, today will be a busy day. I have arranged what to do with Jasper along with talking to Cleo's best friend. Depending on where we stand when talking with him, I will make him Gamma.

Kieth. Arrange for someome to make Cleo's best friend a huge meal. Have it sent to him but first give him guest room 1. I sent Cleo and a few female wolves with three body guards to the mall. That way, we can sort things out before they get home. Find David, he'll give you the clothes for her friend. Let me know when he is settled. I sent a mind link to him amd I can feel him nod in my head.

Sure can do, Mason. I'll get Miles there soon. I nod to him, ending the link.

I walk to my office, the blood in my veines pumping. I have a single thought in my mind. Pain. The pain that my "best friend" had put me through. Why did he have to change? The moment I'm actually happy, he tries to take that away from me. So much for being a best friend. I breath in and out as I open the door to my office. Closing it behind me, I walk to my desk chair.

Opening my laptop, I go into the email. To email this Rouge Alpha.

~~~You have entered the chat~~~

~~~~You~~~~ This is not Jasper. But instead, Mason. Forget about all the other deals. I have Jasper in the dungeons as we speak. I will give you him only if you forget about all past events. And just to let you know, this is not an option. I've noticed how weak you all have become. Say no, we will destroy everything and everyone who walks your lands. When you sent your men to go after Keagon and Pheonix, I noticed something. You had as well sent your son. Who is which as well in my dungeons. Want your son and revenge? All I wish is that you leave my pack, my mate, and Keagon's pack alone.

___

I wait a little bit, sighing until I recieve a message.

~~~~XUNKNOWNX~~~~ Deal made. Meet me tomorrow at 6 sharp where you had killed two of my men. It all ends then.

I grin, clicking out of the tab. That is the art of the deal.

Miles had settled in. Kieth reports back to me. I nod to him as he ends the link

I swiftly stand up and walk out of the room, a frown on my face. I walk down the hallway until I reach the guest room. Throwing open the door, Mile's eyes zero in on me. I close it behind me, standing in front of him with my arms crossed.

"Before you speak, let me talk." With a frown, he nods. "You are now a part of the pack. With that being said, I'd like to give you the ranking of Gamma. If you'll let me, I'll give you a mate. If you agree, I'll show you to Cleo." I mutter, my eyebrows creased.

"I'll do whatever to see Cleo again. But I can't say I agree with you giving me a female." Miles growls, grumbling.

"Fine. I will not give you a mate. But I will say this." I take a step closer and lean down to his level. "Cleo is mine. She always has been. Every second of the day I'm thankful to wake up next to her. I'm thankful and am helplessly in love with every little detail about her. From her head to her toes and from every little thing she loves to hates. She's the most beautiful thing that has EVER walked the Earth. End of story. Sure, I don't deserve her. Neither does anyone else in the world. She's the most pure little thing you would ever see. Even after everything shes been through. But that's what I love. I still remember the day I met her. The day I saw her drenched in blood. In that moment, I didn't know her. But I then already knew she was the one I wanted to marry. To grow old with. That was the day she almost died in my arms. When everyone else gave up, I was the only one who continued. I saved her life that day. I will never forget it. But that makes me sure of one thing. I can't have you steal away my one sole purpose of living."