Chapter 2 Frat Party

I parked safely near the science building with a few minutes to spare when I reached the biology lecture hall. I saw Becca sitting in our usual seats in the back and a guy chewing off her ear on the other side. She pretended to act interested as he jabbered on and I tried not to smile. I slid into the seat next to hers and relief took over her face.

“Hey Marina!” She said as her face lit up with an underlying message conveying ‘Where the fuck have you been’. “You think you can get this guy to stop eating me ear off?” She whispered so only I could hear as she motioned small punching motions. I rolled my eyes at her ignoring the small movements.

“Sorry I’m late, this idiot tried to race me and nearly got me killed. Did you get Alicia’s text this morning?” I asked as the guy beside her looked defeated. I felt bad for the guy, but he should have known better than to try to have a chance with Becca.

“Yes! She should know better than to try to major in publishing,” She said scoffing while shaking her head.

“I know, but it’s not her fault she has a knack for being able to tell Twilight from The Fault in Our Stars with a whiff of her nose. I mean she could publish our biographies,” I said grinning as she giggled. I was about to say another lame joke when our professor walked in, hushing the many rows of seats. I pulled out my laptop as the lights turned off and the projector blared to life.

“Today we’re studying the anatomy of cancerous cells. If you could please begin taking notes that would be very beneficial to your grade,” He said with dry sarcasm as everyone laughed nervously. I pulled up his power points on my laptop and followed along for the first ten minutes as I discreetly texted Becca and Alicia on the side. Everything was like a normal boring lecture until the double doors in the front of the room slammed open. I could see my professor glare at the intruder as the body surveyed the room. With a doughnut box in hand.

He chomped ignorantly on a pink doughnut until he finally looked at our pissed off professor. “What? Am I late or something?” He said with his mouth full.  I could just make out the smirk I met earlier this morning with the light shining behind him in the dark room. It was that stupid ass prick.

I could feel myself become agitated as his smirk turned into a lazy grin when he managed to spot me all the way in the back. He slowly made his way up the stairs and suddenly the red from my face became from a blush instead of anger. He finally stood in my aisle as I looked away towards Becca who stared wide eyed at me. “Want a doughnut?” he asked from behind me and I immediately tensed when I felt all gazes on me.  Then I relaxed when I realized I had nothing to lose. These people barely knew me.

“If you think a doughnut will make up for my need for new brakes, then you’re wrong.” I said before  turning  to face him. I whipped my head around, excepting to find empty air, but instead his face was right in front of me. I squealed like a little girl when my lips smashed into his and I jumped back. He began to laugh as he plopped down next to me and the professor began to avert his attention to me.

“Back to the interesting discussion on how cancer cells effect the lymph nodes…” Our professor said as he shut the doors to his room with an annoyed look.

My heart immediately sped up when I felt the boy lean closer to me. In turn, I scooted closer to Becca who pretended to be too busy in her notes to notice him. The rest of the two hours went by smoothly with doughnut boy being too immersed in eating his box of half a dozen doughnuts. I had finally gotten my heart beat under complete control when our professor flipped on the lights and told us class was dismissed. I threw my laptop in my bag and nearly bolted out of the door with Becca in tow. I gave my professor an apologetic smile before leaving, but he only shook his in turn. Glad to know I wasn’t going to be welcomed as kindly into that class.