Chapter 24 Secrets and Cock Blocks

FIVE COMMENTS, TEN VOTES OR OVER FIFTY READS FOR A PREVIEW OF THE NEXT CHAPTER.

----

The omelet in front of me looked way better than any other time that I had seen an omelet. I practically inhaled it as everyone around me stared shocked.

"I haven't eaten in three days, let it go," I said shaking my head as everyone resumed eating.

"Who would have thought a concussion would make a girl so hungry," Drew said before taking a bite of cereal.

"A concussion?" I asked confused dropping my fork as I finished the last of my hash browns. Why hadn't anyone told me before that I had a concussion? I could have been in a coma for much longer than three days if I had a concussion.

I stared Kyle down across the table as he deliberately ignored me. "Why am I just finding out my state of health?" I asked as everyone avoided my eye contact. "Was I checked by a doctor without my knowledge?" I asked as Sam shrugged nonchalantly.

"We just figured your father would have told you when you woke up," Sam said and I was about to retort his statement and how it's bullshit when I realized why he hadn't relayed the news to me. He didn't want me to kill Vince if I found out he had truly hurt me.

"Excuse me; I have to talk with my father about this. I'll see you guys when you're done by the door," I said to Alicia and Becca who didn't seem to mind as they shoveled bacon and pancakes in their mouths.

I left the room with Jorge and George following close behind me as I walked slowly, "You know, if he's letting me out in the world with no bodyguards then how come I need them at home?" I asked turning around with my arms crossed and stopping in place. The click of my boots echoing throughout the house as I gave my right foot a small tap.

They gave each other a look before grinning, "Oh he didn't assign us to protect you Senorita. He figured you would try to kill Vince before we got everything out of him so he assigned us to stop you," Jorge said and I groaned.

"How does he know what I would do," I asked mentally face palming myself before turning around and walking again. "So where is our dungeon exactly?" I asked sarcastically earning a chuckle from Jorge.

"How do you know we'll tell you where he is?" George asked and I smirked.

"I still have my in—ear and I could easily call for Tommy to show me... He owes me a few favors," I said hearing Jorge scoff.

"Taking a boys' virginity does not make him your slave Marina," He said making me smile as he grinned.

"It's not my fault he's thirsty," I said and George chuckled.

"Just to spare Tommy, we'll lead you there." Jorge added while I smiled with my small victory as they led me down to our training rooms.

We walked by different simulation rooms, boxing rings, shooting ranges, and the infamous holding cells. They had all sorts of gadgets triggered even though it only looked like a room with a bed, a toilet, and a table with chairs. I looked on either side as we walked through the mini jail to see men even I had placed in there so many years ago. Lastly we came to Vince's cell. They flanked me as I stared down at him as he played with his hands in the ugly outfits we gave out.

"I can handle him alone," I said turning to look at both of them and seeing them hesitate before nodding together. I pressed my thumb to the finger print scanner and watched as it clicked with a flash of green.

I entered the cell and watched as Vincent looked up with curiosity at first, but it quickly transformed to anger. He immediately got up and attempted to ram into me before I gave him a bored look, stopping him in his tracks. "Stop. Sit," I demanded and watched as he slowly sat back down, not taking his eyes off of me. "How fucking predictable Vincent.  I hate to burst your bubble, but charging into people only works for so long," I said as he sighed, running a hand through his oily hair.