Chapter 19 You Smell Like Sex

After a little over a half an hour drive, we arrived at the Oakland airport. I held Kyle's hand in reassurance with the busy crowds that pushed and shoved by as we attempted to make our way to the private jet awaiting us. Everyone stood in disbelief as they stared at the private commercial sized plane before shuffling on board for the hour long flight. It was peaceful as I rested my head on Kyle's shoulder and tried to push out the fact that he had lied to me. Why did he feel the need to lie? We had a clean slate and he had already ruined our discombobulated version of a normal relationship. I was too worn out from the discussion with my father to worry about the details of his betrayal and fell asleep instantly on his lap when the plane took off.

My short one- hour nap was disrupted by someone lifting me with as much genteel as possible. I slowly opened my eyes to see Kyle's face hard with concentration as he maneuvered us off of the plane and to the awaiting SUV's on the runway. I closed my eyes knowing the two hour drive we would face was a time for me to continue to rest.

I awoke to Becca's squealing and Kyle's harsh voice telling her to shut up.

"Oh please she's been asleep for at least three hours; the girl needs to wake up eventually. Come on sleeping beauty, up and at 'em!" Alicia said clapping her hands and forcing me to open my eyes.

"See, she's well—rested. Marina Baracada why have you never told me you lived on a wine vineyard in fucking Santa Barbara," Becca exclaimed with her face pressed against the window. At that moment we came to the gates of the Vineyard with a giant "S" engraved in the wrought iron for "Sanguis". It had been my mother's maiden name.  She argued with my father before I was born that it was only fair since she had dropped the name for his, that he should name our vineyards it.

"Well I never really come down anymore, and I didn't feel the need to brag that my family had money," I said with a shrug.

"So considerate to others," Kyle cooed in my ear as I giggled and slapped his arm.

We drove up the dusty driveway past the rows and rows of grapes until we reached another gate. This one had a giant wall covered in over-flowing ivy surrounding the mansion. The gate was sturdy and made of steel with security cameras and at least two bodyguards there at all times.

George rolled down the window and smiled down at his co—worker who pressed his in-ear and spoke quietly to whoever opened the gates. We continued to roll up to the huge bohemian styled house and pulled up in front of the large front doors. Alicia practically fell out of the car when George opened the door for her and we all tumbled out haphazardly.

Home sweet home? More like Prison fucking prison. Drew, Sam, Alicia, and Becca all gawked at the overwhelming presence of the house. It was only two stories, but it was massive in size with at least fifteen bedrooms, ten bathrooms, a library, a pool and hot tub, tennis courts, a bar, a gym, and stables in the back.

It was anyone's dream. Except mine. It had been my nightmare. Being forced to stay in and organize missions instead of going to parties. Having to go kill people on strict orders instead of a movie night with my friends. Constantly training to become a better, more experienced fighter whilst the rest of Santa Barbara studied art museums, went shopping, and surfing. This place was my one true hell.

The second SUV containing my father and Jorge pulled up and he smiled as he exited the vehicle.

"La mia casa e la tua casa. Please enjoy yourselves to the fullest extent of your abilities. If you need anything just call for Anita and she'll be happy to assist. If you want a lift into town let Jorge or George know and of course if something isn't to your likings tell me and I'll arrange for it to be fixed. Momenti felici portano a giorni piu felici (Happy times lead to happier days)." My father said with a nod before entering the house opened by our butler (Yes we even had a butler).