Chapter 11 Date

There was a pub I had seen a couple times while passing through town, called Jupiter which I stood in front of now.

“Now it may not be some high end club with rave music and half naked hookers, but this place is better in my opinion,” Kyle said when he opened my door and led me into the pub.

I took in my crowded surroundings and Kyle slowly rested his hand on my lower back, leading me to the bar. My heart fluttered slightly at the small contact and I warned my body to calm down.

“There’s my big boy! And he brought a girl! A real live, HOT, girl! Oh sweetheart, just give me a hug our big Bleu hasn’t brought a girl in here since… ever!” The busty bar tender said. She was in her early forties and looked as happy as could be as she reached across the bar to hug me. I hugged her back, unsure of how to react other than to smile.

“Emilia you’re gonna scare the poor girl,” Kyle said as he leaned in to hug her. I moved back to Kyle’s side when he finished hugging her and was grateful when he held my waist.

“Well if you brought girls in more often I would be less apt to attack them Kyle! Now what can I get you lovebirds,” She asked and I was about to order a normal coke, not bothering to consider my fake ID resting in my purse when Kyle jumped in.

“Two cokes with rum Emilia, and go light on the rum, only three seconds!” he shouted as she hurried away.

“Kyle I have my fake if it’s-“

“Don’t worry I’m 21 and she won’t question you. She thinks these laws are absurd anyways,” He said leading us to two empty seats in the packed place.

“There’s our Bleu! Haven’t seen you in a while, and you finally come back and bring this gorgeous girl” This guy said from behind us and I looked to see a cute guy with brown eyes and brown hair; he had the facial structure of a god.

“Hey man what have you been up to? I’ve been trying to lay off, my dad and all his shit you know?” Kyle said. I thought maybe he would go back to his snarky ways if he saw someone that was a friend. But nope. Only a huge dick with me. Great.

“Yea I understand bud, but you should come over and talk with Annalise and I when you’re finished. She’s really missed the whole college life with the baby finally here and all,” he said and I looked around him to see a girl with gorgeous natural red hair with thick rimmed glasses holding an adorable baby. She looked like a cute nerdy Ariel.

“I almost forgot she was born for a second, we’ll definitely come see the two of them later,” Kyle said with a smile and I smiled back at the strange man.

“Great, I’ll let Emilia take over then,” He said smiling over my head to a grinning Emilia.

“Buddy go back to your wife,” She said in a false scolding tone and he faked a cringe before walking off.

“Here y’all go, and I almost forgot to catch your name sweetie?” She questioned.

“I’m Marina,” I said and she smiled wider.

“What a lovely name for a lovely girl… Don’t fuck it up Bleu,” She said walking away and he laughed good heartedly. Well he’s a completely different guy around here. I liked this guy.

“Sorry, they just care too much,” he said with a chuckle and I smiled taking a sip of my drink.

“No I’m glad we saw them,” I answered back eagerly. He gave me a questioning look, but shrugged it off. We continued talking about college and our past lives before it. Going through a basket of nachos and a heaping of chicken tenders with a mouthwatering dipping sauce in the meantime.