Chapter 10 A Bunch of Shitty Stuff

I skipped off to the next two classes I had which seemed to drag on forever. And I finally made it home to see a smiling Alicia in our entryway.

“Hey honey, let’s get you all sugared up, and cheer the fuck up, we need to get these knots out of your hair,” She said with the enthusiasm I should have been feeling.

I showered and shaved my legs, not realizing I had been long overdue. When I exited the shower Alicia was sure to turn up the music to some uplifting music, featuring plenty of Little Mix.

I giggled when I walked into the living room to see her dancing around and singing off key, “MAMA TOLD ME NOT TO WASTE MY LIFE, SHE SAID SPREAD YOUR WINGS MY LITTLE BUTTERFLY!” I began to laugh doubled over at her expense and she turned, seeing me with bright eyes. She dragged me to our coffee table and pulled me up as I stood in my robe.

“DON’T LET WHAT THEY SAY KEEP YOU UP AT NIGHT!” She sang and I laughed knowing it was my cue to continue.

“AND THEY CAN’T DETAIN YOU, ‘CAUSE THESE WINGS ARE MADE TO FLYYYYYY!” I said in an awful tune, falling into the couch behind me whilst she laughed with me.

“Why can’t I just stay here with you and sing,” I said pouting and she smirked at me.

“Because I have a date too, except mine is more boring; just loads of hardcore sex, chocolate, and cheesy movies,” She said and I shook my head in disgust.

“Kyle sounds better already,” I said without meaning to and looked up with wide eyes. She smiled widely.

“That’s the spirit honey;let’s go handle this mop of a thing you call hair,” She said leading me to the bathroom.

She made big loose blonde curls that looked like I tried, but not too hard. I put on my normal makeup with some tinted lip balm as we gossiped in the mirror.

I put on some jeans and high black boots that had a little height to them. Alicia insisted I wear her black sweater and not mine because hers ‘showed the goods’ and mine looked like ‘draculas worn out excuse of a cape’. I must agree that it was cuter, it was tight, hugging me in the right places, off the shoulder, and a little low cut, showing some of my cleavage, but not a lot.

“Honestly if he doesn’t try to fuck you the second he sees you, he’s gay,” She said making me laugh before I heard a soft knock on our door.

She jumped up and down as she handed me my purse and went to answer it. She instructed me to stay in my room until I was called by her and I already felt bad for Kyle, especially after hearing the following conversation as I tried not to laugh hysterically.

“Oh hi… who are you?” Alicia said acting clueless.

“I’m Kyle, Marina’s date,” He said slightly perplexed and I knew she was contemplating it.

“Really? I thought she said it was with some other guy… He was cute, but I guess um… you’ll work for tonight,” She said and invited him in. I covered my mouth and tried to stop my brain from picturing his expression. “Wait here, help yourself. If you need condoms there’s some in the vase there. But we only have extra large so that might be a problem for you…” She said and this time I couldn’t hold it in. I used to keep them in there because they were easy to grab before the trek to my room. I didn’t think she would ever offer them to anyone else.