Chapter 13 Nine Lives

I opened the door to see Alicia and Drew cuddled together on the couch, Drew fast asleep on Alicia’s lap. She gently stroked his hair as she watched The Wizard of Oz. She smiled and clapped her hands together at me silently. I nodded my head, but motioned for her to come with me. I had to get rid of these bodies and I didn’t want to call my dad, I mean I wanted to be out of the mob and this didn’t scream that. If I called up and said ‘oh hey dad I killed these three guys who were gonna gang rape me, because I knew nothing about this drug lord guy who happens to be the father of this guy I really like’. Wait no I didn’t like Kyle… Or did I? Aw shit I don’t even know, that was at the bottom of my list at the moment.

Alicia got up, trying not to disturb Drew and ran towards my room, I quickly followed behind her and shut the door.

“So did you guys fuck or what?” Alicia asked excitedly and I smiled.

“I will tell you all about the date later, but I have some more pressing matters right now and I need you and Becca to possibly help me.”

“Oh my, fancy. If we’re going on a trip to get Plan B, count me out but other than that, I’ll text her an emergency has happened. Is it an emergency Mar?” She asked confused and I nodded. I quickly changed into more comfortable clothing; A.K.A. my blue unicorn pajamas.

“Alrighty then, I’ll call her,” She said speed dialing Becca.

“Rebecca Arrante…. No this is not a kinky ploy from Sam what the fuck Becca… Ew no, don’t say anything else….There’s an emergency… or at least that’s what Marina said…Yeah come over right away….Alright bye,” She said and rolled her eyes. “I can’t believe she and Sam are already doing phone sex. Like at least sext at first because phone sex is just cheesy,” She said shaking her head disapprovingly.

“Come on, we have to wait for her outside and the emergency is outside,” I said and she followed me out of our apartment. “You can’t scream Alicia, I mean it,” I whispered to her as I led her to the staircase. I looked down it to see no bodies. No dead bodies. Like they just vanished. POOF, NADA, NONE, ZILCH NO FUCKING BODIES. “What. The. Fuck.”

“Marina there’s nothing here…” Alicia said.

“B-but I left…. What the hell…” I said exasperated as my eyes bulged. No blood stains. No knife. No footsteps despite the mud surrounding the small brick flooring.

“Mar if this is just some stupid superstition…”

“No Alicia I killed three guys right there. I was having you guys come over to help me get rid of the bodies. They’re gone,” I said my eyes still bugged out.

“You KILLED THREE MEN?! What the fuck Mar?!” Alicia whispered at me furiously.

“They attacked me Alicia, they wanted something to do with Kyle and the street racing,” I lied.

“Oh…You didn’t need to kill them!” She countered as she tried to keep her voice low.

“I would be dead right now if I didn’t. They would have come after me,” I said.