Epilogue

30 Years Later.....

“Mom, I swear I won’t need the extra blanket, give it to Uncle Jorge, he probably needs it more than me,” Lilly said as I threw the blanket in a box.

“I swear it isn’t possible for someone to own this many shoes,” Kyle said as he burst through the tiny dorm door with a box of overwhelming platforms and wedges.

Here we were. Thirty years later at the same college campus that had brought us together in the first place. God I hoped she wouldn’t have the same fate.

Lilly was our first born. She was the epitome of an angel when she was young… and then she hit her teenaged years. Kyle claims she’s the same way I was when he met me, but I beg him not to make such an accusation.

Today was her freshmen year move in day, and I was already having separation anxiety.

“Just remember that the Omega Chi house isn’t your home. If it’s the same way when I left, then I don’t want you anywhere near it,” Kyle warned as he glared down boys walking past the dorm room. He slammed the door shut with a grumble about ‘no privacy’.

“I get it… But about that sorority…”Laura said as I shook my head.

“You remember what Aunt Becca told you do you not?” I questioned as she rolled her eyes. I could understand her frustration; my father had been just as bad if not worst.

“Fine…” She mumbled before unpacking further. I sighed as I looked out of her window at the common grounds. So many memories of us fighting on that lawn… Yet here we were. Married with two kids and leading the best mafias in the world.

Ten years after Lilly, we had Teddy, the biggest ball of energy I had ever seen. He could play baseball like it was the back of his hand… And he was only eleven. He also could shoot a gun almost as well as his Uncle George.

Everyone still lived back at the house. Even Alicia and Becca stuck around after having their kids. Becca and Sam’s two daughters were around Lilly’s age at eighteen and thirteen, and they were moving her oldest into the same dorm later that day.

And then there was Alicia and Drew. They had three boys. One was twenty, the other two twins at aged ten. And her oldest was our biggest problem. He was exactly what Kyle didn’t want around Lilly: an exact copy of him at age 22. He had been out for her since the beginning of summer when he came home from Berkeley. I guess he had realized that she was not the same little girl he used to throw mud at growing up.

However, taking after her mother Lilly wanted nothing to do with him… So far.

I snapped myself out of reality when Lilly called me over to her closet. “Is this set up alright?” She asked quietly as I scanned over the handiwork she had done. In the very back, Kyle cut a huge hole for a safe to put in her weapons. I wasn’t about to leave my prodigy without protection.

The knives were strapped to the wall, along with syringes of certain drugs, and more than a handful of guns. She had stuck a cheesy Taylor Swift poster over it with her skimpy dresses hanging in front of it. I gave it a quick nod and she sighed in relief, locking the safe shut.