chapter 8

"Why are we at a library?" i curiously ask.

"My family owns this library. I come here often to be alone," He led me down the middle of the library and i looked around in awe.

"So you read?"

"Not really, i usually just hang here," Zayn took me to a little room. The walls were covered with grafitti of marvel characters and drawings were on the floor. There was a rack with bags of chips and a guitar in the corner.

"You play?" I ask.

"A bit," Zayn grabbed the guitar and played a few notes, and i could've sworn i heard him hum a tune as well. He seemed good at the guitar though. I saw no need for him to struggle with stupid violin. He played 2 more chords then looked up.

"Want some chips?" he leaned over and grabbed some Lays Barbeque chips. I grabbed it and sat down.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"I'm not,"

"Yes you are,"

"You just looked hungry. I wasn't going to starve you,"

He opened himself a bag of chips. "Just admitt you can be nice when you want to Zayn,"

He stuffed a handful of chips into his mouth, preventing him from speaking.

"Why are you so mean to people?" I ask, really longing for an answer. Zayn began to say something with his mouth full and i laughed.

Finally he swallowed and said, "Because they're all the same,"

"Then what do you think of me?"

Zayn's eyebrows crinkled and he clicked his tongue a few times.

"Your.." he stood up and brushed off his pants. "A pain," He got up and went over to a window next to me.
"It's raining hard," he said.

"I like the rain," I said pressing a cheek up to the window. "It feels nice. And it makes the skys dark in the day. I don't know why but dreary weather seems to make me happy,"

"Agreed"

I dont know why, but it made me happy that Zayn agreed with me. We didn't have much in common and it kind of felt good to find out weird things about him.

"I feel like all my stress is put away and i can just concentrate on one thing," I slowly opened the window and stuck my hand out to feel the droplets land on my skin.

"So whats between you and Harry?"

I turned to see Zayn concentrating on me suddenly.

"I love Harry," I said smiling. Zayn gave me a strange face and i corrected myself. "Not like that. I love him like a brother. We've been friends for so long and I'd do anything for him,"

"So he's really not just some doof?" Zayn asked

"He can be a doof but he has moments where we can just sit and talk about anything. Everything,"

I rubbed off the droplets and turned to Zayn who was sketching something on a sketch pad.

"Do you have anybody you feel that way about?"

Zayn sat for a moment as if thinking. He swallowed and finally looked up and shook his head.

"What about your brother?"