chapter 26

i AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A CENTURY DO NOT KILL ME I PROMISE I WILL GET BETTER AT IT, I HAVE JUST BEEN A BUSY HIGHSCHOOL GIRL. K? K.

I stuck my pencil behind my ear, pacing by my classroom, afraid to enter. Missing a day of school had benefits, and then disadvantages. I had just figured out it was finals week and was never notified. I took finals very seriously, but hadn’t been prepared. I had one to make up, and way more to do. I also hadn’t gotten any sleep, considering I had Zayn over all night. All night… I shook my head, trying to focus on the finals, and not last night’s event.

I popped a mint into my mouth, hoping it would help with the stress, and entered the classroom, feeling my stomach ache. The classroom was empty with just me, a guy named Parker, and… oh shoot, Zayn. I couldn’t’ consentrate now! Of course he’d be here, this was the final’s makeup room. I tried to ignore his stare, and focused on the teacher’s instructions. As soon as she handed out the test I tried my hardest to zone everything out. I heard a cough from behind me, and was suddenly curious to at least see what Zayn was wearing today.

One peek wouldn’t hurt. I turned around to see he was wearing an Artic Monkey’s tee with a long sleeve shirt under to cover his tats, and baggy sweatpants with converse. He was wearing a red beanie, and had dark bags under his eyes. He looked up to see I was staring, and just half smiled, then looked back down. I spun back around, satisfied, and continued to work on the test.  As soon as I started, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Shoot. I slid it onto my chair and took a quick peek.

Calum- hey ik ur testing but can we talk

Me-Cal, im busy rn no

Calum- well I slipped something into ur locker ok?

I sighed and turned off my phone. I needed to eliminate all distractions. But it was hard to. I had no sleep, Calum wanted my attention, and I had an adorable beanie Zayn behind me. Don’t take another peek at him, I reminded myself.

I finished the test, feeling out of breath and drained. I slowly dragged my body to my locker and sighed, knowing I could’ve done better on the test. I opened my locker and cocked my head. Inside was a rose and a letter. A rose and a loveletter? I opened the letter and read it. Dear, Kim. U mind if I stop by your house today? I want to talk to you, Calum

I sighed and crumbled the note. Was he going to ask me out again? oh great, I work terribly under stress.

I got a knock on my door and saw Calum’s white smile. He walked in and handed me a bag of sour patch kids, knowing they were my favorite. I opened it and grabbed a red one. “So, what’s up, Cal?”

“Me and Victoria broke up,”

I tried my hardest to sound surprised. “Oh, why?”

“All she talked about was her regrets with Zayn, and how she wants him back,”

“Oh,” I quietly said. Suddenly I felt a bit defensive towards Zayn. She left him, and now wants him back?

“And because I just can’t get over you,”

“Over me?” I was a very easy person to get over. I was awkward and not some sexy model who was every guys dream. So why did Calum like me so much? “Yeah.” Calum shyly said. “I’m sorry, this is a lot on you. I know you’re dating Zayn, I just thought.” He shook his head. “Never mind,”