chapter12

“WHAT THE-“

I woke up, startled, and saw a man standing over us. He looked in his 30’s and sported a beard and a slight beer belly. He was obviously a bit drunk and was peering over at us. “ZAYN MALIK WAKE THE HELL UP!”

Zayn jumped up startled and rubbed his eyes. “What are you doing home, Stuart?”

“Be respectful and don’t call your father by his first name, boy,”

“My bad, father,”

“Don‘t get smart with me now. I told you to clean the kitchen. And who is this?” he pointed at me and stomped a foot.

“This is Kimberly, a friend of mine. And I’m not going to clean up your beer bottles and rum Stuart. It’s disgusting,”

His dad paused for a second and then began to yell. “Just because you hate this house doesn’t mean you act disrespectful! We take care of you and you treat us like-“

“I never asked for you. Get out of my life, you drunk ol’ slob!”

I was scared to see his dad’s reaction. Suddenly, Zayn grabbed my hand and pulled me. I sighed in relief he did so. “Run,” he whispered to me. His dad began to raise his voice again. Both of us began to run out of the house, and Zayn dragged me down the streets. I had no idea where we were going, but it was far. He began to pant as he ran, and I began to run out of breath. “Zayn, I can’t run anymore, can we stop?”

 We approached a small forest, and we both sat down next to a tree. “I’m sorry that happened Kimberly,”

“It’s okay,”

“My dad’s a real jerk. I want to kill him.” By the way he said this, I could tell he meant it.

“Zayn. I’m so sorry,” I leaned over and gave him a hug. It caught him off guard, and for a while it was just me wrapping my arms around him. Finally he hugged me back, and then released.  I sat back down and Zayn pulled out a pack of cigarettes. He lit one, and offered the box to me. I shook my head, and he put it back in his pocket. “I’m not going back home,”

“Aren’t you going to have to eventually?”

Zayn blew a puff of smoke into my face, and then groaned. “Yeah, eventually, but not today. I’ll let him cool down. And let myself cool down,”

I managed to smile, despite the fact I hated the smell of the smoke. “You could stay at my house for tonight,” Why did I just offer that. “Thanks Kimberley,” He bit the end of his cigarette and smirked a little. “You’re really nice,”

Figure You Out (Zayn Malik Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें