xviii.

[I'm so sorry. I'm still really really upset about the logging out incident so this later than it should be. I'm not doing so good right now but I'll manage for you guys. I don't understand how a chapter can get votes but not be read but yeah. I can't get back into my old account so...
Thanks for the 1.03 k views at the first book. Read the story at FireFreezes, I Thought We Were Infinite, before reading this, thanks. ❤️❤️❤️]

"That's it. I like all my girls calm and ready to listen."

The glares thrown at the tallest male member suddenly makes him feel inferior despite towering over them and opts to sink further into the sofa. He's lucky that the explosion wasn't that near and his injuries weren't severe but Taehyung wasn't as lucky, being rushed to the hospital by Yoongi and Hoseok. Seokjin and Jisoo wanted to go with them badly but GX had declared war on BB and to be in large numbers would make them an even easier mark and that was what they expected of the Kim siblings to do. It was awful to stomach that, but they merely gritted their teeth and did damage control.

Namjoon was saved by Jackson shouting his name outside the safe room, avoiding the sharp looks on the girls' faces as he limped out. It was tense since everyone knew that this would not go unnoticed by the media, the Board and especially the League. Jisoo wants to push back the last group so badly into the back of her head but no matter how far she'll run, she'll never get away from their grasp. Their ties to the League was more of a curse than a blessing nowadays.

"What now?" It was Jennie who broke the silence, her eyes darting from Jisoo comforting Lisa, Seokjin looking at his phone tensely while releasing statements of the event, Rosé hovering near the other two girls while she and Jimin stood awkwardly in the room. She feels like they're spectators who have just mistakenly walked in the stage, so detached from all the emotions and yet she knows she has a connection in all this.

The reply she wants is given by the quick opening of the door, the Kim siblings grabbing their guns and aiming but slightly relax when they realize it's only Hoseok's step-sister, who's looking tersely over her shoulder.

"The whole world has gone to shit." Jessica Jung remarks dryly. "I'm afraid you'll have to take those unaffected under your wing, Jin."

The eldest boy merely purses his lips and nods, understanding the situation very well despite the little information they're given. That complicated things more, now that he has to take care of even more people.

The former member of GX runs a hand through her hair in exasperation. "I can stall them for at least 2 hours, 4 and a half at most. You need to get the hell out of here before they realize you've ran." Her eyes land on Jimin thoughtfully. "I know you're all innocent in this matter. Tiffany can tell me that much. Now go."

~*~*~

A hand is placed on the brown-haired boy's shoulder to gently push him back to the bed to coerce him to rest again with only a whine in protest. The bed is very comfortable given he's a VIP and well known but Taehyung can't help but be restless. With each tick of the clock, he was reminded that they were in danger.

"And here I was thinking our only problem would've been the Board." He sighed, fully aware that his hyungs were watching him. Despite the severity of his injuries, he'll probably recover and have minimal traces of this incident. He was weird in that aspect.

"I wonder what the League's up to nowadays." Hoseok chimed, looking at his watch quickly. GX, BB, 7 and the board were all under the League, the international organization though that didn't ensure civil ties to each other. If one member tried to leave the League, they'd be immediately silenced which was utter bullshit since none of the Kims had any choice in the matter of joining.

"I'd give everything just so my kid wouldn't have to be a member." Yoongi remarked quietly, debating whether he should finally get his americano or not. "You think they'll be strict on the marriage?"

Hoseok shrugged, opening a bottle of water and drinking it. "They weren't strict with me so, who knows anymore?"

There's a part in Taehyung that wants to whine because they completely changed the subject and forgot about him but he also was worried about the League now that GX is after their throats. The Board would probably make a move when they're weakened but until that happens, they're not that brave to do so. They're all just pawns in the League's chessboard but even a pawn could become a Queen. It was hard to estimate anything when they were essentially flying blind.

"They aren't here anymore, are they?" Taehyung asks softly, rubbing his temples as he feels another wave of pain assaulting his senses. Yoongi hesitates and then nods nods before leaning to his best friend's ear and whispering. The color drains from the black-haired man as he nods to what the older man said and left the room.

Before the youngest could even ask what was going on, Yoongi covered his mouth with a handkerchief. "Tae, you trust me don't you?" There was some sort of peacefulness in his features, one that calmed the younger man even if this gesture was probably threatening, and he trusted him. He's entrusted his life to him so many times that it's become an instinct at this point.

The last thing the younger boy saw was the slam of the door, his cousin rushing in and Yoongi covering his view before everything faded to black.