ix.

"It seems as though we're on the right track." Jimin muses to himself as he carefully reads the card hidden with the rest of the mail. It wasn't too hard to spot it, since it was much more ostentatious and contrasted much with the bills and other possible spam mail and death threats hidden there somewhere. From across him, Jungkook peeks his head, a lock of his hair obscuring his vision from his written copy of the interview while Lisa tiredly looks up from her share of the paperwork.

"How so?" The younger boy asks, blowing the stray lock aside before grabbing a bagel from the box on the coffee table.

The eldest waves a black envelope, the gleam of the gold stamp almost menacing to them. Jungkook manages to catch it, holding his breath when he read the contents. Stay away from Kim Jisoo.

"Black and Gold is Min's color, isn't it?" Jimin asks dryly, to Lisa's direction.

Lisa's not too cheery on the matter too. "The Kims are much more fond of pastel colors and cool shades."

"So the ex wants us to leave her alone. Is he really, Kookie?"

An absent-minded nod is the answer. Finishing the bagel, he wracks his brain for everything that went through the interview.

Kim Jisoo was a kind and warm person during the interview, and quite passionate in her field of work and hobbies though he saw a crack in her façade when he mentioned the Kim brothers. Try as he might to get a bit personal such as her work and plans, he couldn't really ask what happened during her two year absence as she kept gracefully maneuvering the conversation away from that topic. But what unnerved him was the rather cryptic way she told him of an address and a date for him to go. When prompted what was there, she simply said it was where the answer he sought was.

"I'm familiar with it." Lisa remarks casually upon seeing the familiar hasty scrawl her boyfriend made. "The Roosevelt, I think it was called."

"How come I've never heard of it?"

"It's supposed to be only for powerful and influential people, mostly the Kims' allies. It's well hidden and very obscure, so naturally it's hard to find out about it. It doesn't seem to have any ties to the government, though. I tried going in once but I was chased out." Then she pauses, trying to recall the scene. "I'm not too sure about how credible a source she is, but she's clean of any criminal records here."

Jimin waves the note in his hands almost exasperatedly. "Yah! What about this little death threat?"

"I think I should go."

The two look at the youngest who's focusing on the card, remembering Jisoo's words. "We've got the most clues and leads, and besides, if she's an associate then it's more likely she knows the accurate information."

Lisa's uneasy in the determination in his eyes, knowing she couldn't sway him away from his decisions when it was done.

"Let's hope they don't have a jammer," Jimin says somberly. "But I trust you can run when shit hits the fan."

Jungkook reaches for his girlfriend's hands, squeezing them for comfort before pressing her white knuckles to his lips.

"I'll be back."

~*~*~

"Please take a seat, Mr. Jeon."

They were currently in a completely white suite, sitting on the dining table in the middle of the room. Admittedly, Jungkook thought Jisoo would've been taller in person but even if he was taller, he was still a bit intimidated by her smooth conduct. She could probably order a hit on someone and make it sound as if she was complimenting the hitman. Still, despite the small fear, he was surprisingly calm which worried him.

Finally, Jisoo sighs.

"I should've done this a long time ago."

His eyes widen as she takes an envelope from her bag, pushing it towards him. As he opens it, Jisoo holds her breath.

"You deserve to know the truth."

His heartbeat goes crazy as he hurries to open the envelope, taking out the document. Her chocolate brown eyes were filled with remorse as she witnesses him mouth a swear. This moment, to him, has got to be the most terrifying, next to asking his girlfriend out on their first date.

Jungkook couldn't help but flinch when the envelope opens loudly, but feeling her eyes on him, he starts reading.

'DNA TEST'

'It is proven that JEON JUNGKOOK is the biological child of Mr. JEON SOJUN and Mrs. KIM TAESUNG.'

She feels her heart leap from her chest as he keeps rereading the document, her fear getting bigger as the possibilities now lay in front of her. What would her brothers do when they find out? What would happen to Jungkook?

Then the man stops to look her in the eye.

"I couldn't just leave you alone." She admits breathlessly. "I only found out 6 years ago and I swore to umma that I'd find you and keep you safe. Our brothers already have other things to be worried about and so I was the only one who knew."

He notices the deliberate choice of using 'our' but his head's spinning from the information. Eventually, as it sinks in, tears start falling. What if his connection to the Kims endanger Lisa and Jimin? Would reporters be after him too?

The sight of him in pain awakened her older sister instinct so she rushed over to open her arms in an invitation to hug him. Still dumbfounded, he slowly rests his head on her shoulder as she strokes his hair and back in a comforting gesture.

"I am so sorry, Jungkook. I should've talked to you years before but I was scared of what they would do if they found out."

A free hand reaches out to hold her arm, his grip tightening yet she made not comment on it. "My foster parents died recently and I felt so damn alone in the world. I can't handle it if I lose my hyung and girlfriend too."

She continues her motions, knowing it used to calm Taehyung and it seemed to work on him too. "I will do anything to catch up on the years we lost and I'll make sure to do everything in my power to keep them safe. Think you can hold out for a month before we tell them?"

He nods slightly, now a bit coming to terms with the knowledge of his blood relatives. This sight encouraged her.

"We could start getting to know each other better. Food?"

Something as normal as food could help him get grounded back to the reality, and so he manages a weak smile.

"Food."