iii.

A couple of hours later

"You're not really nervous about this, are you?" The honey-blond haired male asked amusedly as he observed her smoothen her dress for the nth time on the way to the venue. She lets a shaky laugh escape her lips, relaxing under their gaze.

"A bit." She admits.

"If anything, noona," Their younger brother smiled cockily as he leaned back on his seat. "They should be nervous to meet you."

Seokjin leaned back, hiding his amused grin with a hand. Either way, Jisoo failed to notice this as she ruffled Taehyung's hair, missing his antics.

"Why didn't Hoseok join us?"

"He's already there." said the blond as he yawned. "Has some matters to attend to. Min won't be coming."

It's still a hurricane of emotions in her chest whenever he's mentioned and while she's relieved at not seeing him, she couldn't help the disappointment blooming in her chest. There was pain and sadness in her eyes but upon seeing them scramble to change the subject, Jisoo shakes her head.

"Why would he be there in the first place?"

The brothers share a meaningful look before Taehyung places a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Yoongi-hyung stopped producing music after his father died. He picked up the family business."

Eyes widening, the Surgeon frowned. The man who had always doted on her and treated her like a daughter, was dead?

"And what about Youngwon-oppa?"

"He was killed in the shooting too." Seokjin says somberly, remembering the man he had grown to respect. "He took responsibility, Soo."

She isn't exactly sure if it was just by habit or anything but all Jisoo wants to do is run to him and just comfort him. Hell be damned that they broke up, she just has to see him again. It bewildered her; she never felt this way about Jinyoung after the break up.

"Breathe."

She didn't even realize that her nails were digging deep in her own palm until Seokjin put his hand over hers, running a thumb over the back of her hand. She let out a long exhale to calm her nerves, knowing that her mind was reeling from the information overload and her heart was crying for Yoongi.

"You don't have to go." Every single one of them knew it was a lie leaving the youngest's lips. "We can say you're feeling sick."

She shakes her head and takes a deep breath. "No need, Taetae. We're halfway there anyway."

~*~*~

Whenever Kim Jisoo was mentioned, pink, pillows, chocolates, roses and stuffed toys comes into thought but Jung Hoseok knew better than that. She was more than capable of stabbing someone with a scalpel and a matching killer smile than be do aegyo for a crowd.

They're good friends as a result of his position as her boyfriend's best friend but he was torn in between them ever since the breakup. They were never really the same after that; Yoongi was more prone to outbursts while Jisoo become more indifferent to things. 2 years was more than enough to both make them whole and scar them.

And try as he might, that was the only thing that ran in his head as he observed her being introduced to other associates. The absence of his best friend didn't escape his attention, and frankly, that was what confused him even more.

Jisoo was the most approachable of the Kims, even when she wasn't smiling, though Hoseok still sees the infamous Kim ruthlessness in her eyes which each person that went nearer to her.

Like all the others, he loves her, but even if he tries to be optimistic for her sake, he doubts that she'll last long in Korea where all her family isn't opposed to murder and other unsavory transactions.

"What are you scowling at, hyung?"

A tall man with black glasses stood beside him, watching his cousins fake pleasantries with the people who only wish to gain from them. Despite them being good friends, Hoseok's still startled by his sudden appearance. The younger man places a comforting hand on his shoulder while gazing at his petite cousin.

"She'll adapt." If one wasn't too familiar with Namjoon, they wouldn't have noticed the note of hesitation. "We'll just give her the information that she needs and we'll handle the rest. She'll be mostly safe."

That doesn't sit too well with the black-haired man.

"Her life has been in danger ever since she came back." Hoseok pointed out, afraid that his voice would become louder and people might overhear. "That won't be enough; she needs to know how to protect herself. Basic self-defense and gun training, all that."

A server passes by, letting them have drinks before the younger of the two take a sip and smile to himself. "Who says she won't? We got this, hyung." And then his gaze is on her again. "We might let her handle the legal transactions at Kim Enterprises, but imagine putting her on gunpoint and finding out she's not as harmless as she looks?"

Hoseok laughs bitterly. "Face of an angel but knows how to stop a heart." A grave expression crosses his features. "Sounds like most of us before all this crap."

Namjoon purses his lips, pushing back his glasses to rest on the bridge of his nose. Memories flood his mind, remembering how simple it all was back then. With Jin-umma, Taehyung being a little shit that always ran off and Namjoon himself practically face palming every minute of the day. No matter how much they wanted to, they couldn't afford to be vulnerable but with each other, they could.

He always had a soft spot for Jisoo, being the only female in the family, but someone had to be the strict figure. She won't last long in their world as a prized flower, she'd have to be a gun.

The taller man stiffens slightly when his eyes meet a honey-blond's, who only nods before beckoning them over. The soft fingers on his back oddly felt like the nuzzle of a gun.

"Fair warning, she didn't grow any taller." Hoseok whispers, mirth returning to his voice as they approach.

"Hey, Soo." Nobody could doubt the sincerity and warmth in his smile and the way his voice turns soft and fond. A genuine smile finally appears on her face as she wraps her arms around his neck, relishing in the presence of the men she loves.

After a few moments, she reluctantly lets go to stand back and inspect the changes on her cousin before sighing.

"I need to buy more heels."