xx.

[ 3 days later ]

As much as he hated to do it, he had to stop her but she was stubborn just like he was while the others' pleas fell on deaf ears.

"Kim Seokjin." Jisoo called when he averted his eyes from her person. "Kim Seokjin, look at me!"

She had never raised her voice at him before that even he looks at her in shock. Sighing deeply, she cupped his cheeks so that he would have no choice but to look her in the eye. The voice that leaves her lips was different from the raised tone just moments prior.

"Oppa, they're hostaged." There was a lump in her throat. "I haven't done anything to keep you safe or to help; I have to keep them alive."

"You don't have to do anything, Soo."

There's a sad smile on her face as she shakes her head, everyone knowing that what he said was a lie. It's only then did Seokjin realize he couldn't talk her out of this, not when the girls were finally accepting her decision.

The man fires a shot some distance away from their feet, a warning. "Are you done yet, Jisoo?"

The blond man glares at him before hugging his sister and kissing her forehead. Jisoo smiles softly at the girls and pat their cheeks in farewell before disappearing with the man and his guards. It's Rosé who hesitantly approaches him with concern very clear on her face to which he barely acknowledges.

Jennie is quiet as she assess the situation now. GX has the only female Kim as their exchange for the 3 men, 7 is uncontactable and they have no idea what to expect. Questions are still plaguing her mind but all she knows is that while GX is vengeful and they can't get an advantage, they'll all be wiped out in a few days at least.

"Lisa, Jennie," Seokjin finally says. "There's a car that's waiting to take you away. No questions asked; go now."

Gone was the confident and playful leader of BB, all they could see was the devastation in his eyes as he decided that the least he could do was to keep the innocents safe. He can't move on his own without any reinforcements or it would've been a death wish and that's what annoys him. The blond hasn't been this unprepared and distraught in years and but he can make it right.

Before leaving, Lisa held unto his arm and patted his shoulder. "I trust you, oppa." She says in a grave tone, eyes big and seemingly imploring him to join them but when he shows no sign of backing down, she finally leaves with Jennie giving the strawberry-blonde a look of concern.

Now with only the two of them, Rosé grabs the gun from her bag and checks how much ammo they have. They can't just storm upstairs where Jisoo was as they were greatly outnumbered but they can't just sit still.

"What now?" Her voice shakes, betraying her façade of nonchalance.

The eldest Kim scowls as he cocks his gun and starts formulating a plan.

"We wait."

~*~*~

It had been months since she's last held any utensil related to her occupation but it comes rather fluidly as it did when she was in college. The life of Lee Sun Kyu was in her (gloved) hands as the petite girl had been shot at a failed mission at Macau. She had been bleeding profusely given that her wound was a deep gunshot on her thigh, severe to the point that you could see the bone at some points but she can't gag.

Sunny had already downed 3 bottles of Soju that had said to have helped with the pain and Jisoo's cousin and friends would be released if she could save the wounded girl but even Jisoo doubts her chances of surviving.

At the side of the room, Hoseok had passed out at the sight of her wound while Namjoon and Yoongi conversed in hushed whispers after Jisoo asked them if she really should operate on Sunny instead of letting her die but it would be another bullet loaded in for her family if she couldn't save the girl.

The metallic and rusty scent of the crimson substance filled the air and entered her nostrils despite the face mask and she was still having trouble getting the bullet out. The hot knife method had usually just been used in movies but now that she has no other choice, the doctor heated up a knife and used it.

To her disbelief, it actually worked but more blood was being lost by the minute and so she worked on stopping the blood and yelling at the GX guards to buy blood packs. She's pretty sure there's blood near her eye when one stupid guard in particular accidently hit her and thus caused a tear in the body but she's managed to keep her stabilized but it wasn't done yet.

Time seemed to pass so quickly that Jisoo couldn't help but think it has been years since she first saw the girl but seeing all of Sunny's organs stabilized and thus alright now, make her want to pass out as she was sanitizing the wound to make sure there wasn't an infection.

The patient had passed out half an hour into the operation and the soft rising and falling of her chest meant that she was okay. They'll no doubt hold Jisoo until Sunny was alright or maybe they'd have the common sense to rush her to the hospital this time but after that, they're true to their word and release the three men from their bindings.

Namjoon immediately pulled her in to hug her, making Hoseok smile at the incredible height difference while the eldest of them pretends to be offended when she doesn't greet him.

The man from before, Oh Sehun, gives them a minute before they have to leave and as much as it leaves a sour taste in the three men's mouths, they realize that it's all a part of Seokjin's plan. Hopefully.

There's a tracking device on Jisoo's engagement ring which would solve any location problems and Namjoon had recently given her a hollow ring that his relatives used to poison people. All of the plans involving her had been risky but this is by far, is the worst they'll ever ask her to do.

Their one minute is up and the two taller men reluctantly trudge towards the door while her eyes land on the platinum-blond who's looking at her blankly. Their eyes meet for a moment before he pulls her in and nearly crushes her in his arms. She looks up at him and instead of saying the words she'd thought he'd say, he frowns at her.

"What affliation do you have with the Roosevelt, Jisoo?"