xxiii.

[5 days after texting Seokjin]

Unknown: Come to the Roosevelt alone, Park Chaeyoung. Do not notify anyone; you will be safe. You have our word.

The strawberry-blonde hesitates before typing a reply, a quick glance at everyone who was busy with their own thing in the living room. They flew back to Korea last night, and she's anxious to see a text like this. She feels her heartbeat going faster as she gets the courage to get the job done.

Rosé: And if I refuse?

The reply is immediate.

Unknown: Your boss is with us.

That settled everything. Even if Jisoo wasn't her boss, she was still the closest friend Rosé had and the one who did everything to protect her. If this was one thing only she could do, then she will. It would comfort Jisoo to know that Taehyung was okay, but she'd be better if she knew about Jin or Yoongi.

"Chaeyoung-ah?" Jennie called, unknowingly getting everyone's attention. "Can you come with me to the store? I'm craving some chocolate."

"Are you sure you don't want any of the guys with you?" Jimin inquires, thinking of their safety while the brown-haired girl scoffs at him.

"I'm a police officer, Chim. I got this. Though I did get an earful with the chief last night." With a slight beckon from the older girl, Rosé followed her to the other car.

When they passed by the convenience store, she knew that Jennie had other reasons for leaving.

"I need to see Hoseok." is the only explanation she gets. She doesn't press on it so Jennie agrees to leave her the car when they've stopped at one of the Kim establishments where the men frequented. They give each other 2 hours before the secretary has to pick her up. Immediately after the older girl disappears into the shop, Rosé hits hard on the pedal and rushes to the Roosevelt.

Unlike a few days ago, it was a untidy when she entered. There was no one at the reception desk either, so she texted the number again, only realizing how stupid and impulsive this was.

Unknown: Into the elevator.

Unknown: 4th floor.

Unknown: Last door.

The blonde readily complies and she can't help but fidget as she walked through the long and silent hallway. The walls were the same color as in the lobby and the floor was marble tiles. Lanterns stuck to the wall with every 2 doors and she can't help but cringe at the thought of what happens on the other side of the door. After what seemed like an eternity, she reached the end of the hall. When she raised her fist to knock, that was when she realized that it was open.

"Rosé?" It was clearly Jisoo's voice.

"Unnie?" Without any care of what could happen, the blonde threw open the door and slammed it behind her. The room was exactly what Rosé expected a CEO to have and it was nearly a replica of Seokjin's office, except that it had a homier feel. In the center of the room was her dear friend, looking distraught at a pile of documents on her desk.

Restraint be damned as she ran and threw her arms around Jisoo, ecstatic to know that the older girl was safe and that they were together. Jisoo embraced her back with equal tightness and she could feel tears on her shoulder.

"I couldn't give away that I escaped GX so I had to make the texts ominous, I'm sorry."

"That's not important right now."

The black-haired girl pulled away abruptly and pulled a chair beside her for Rosé to sit on. That was when the younger noticed the weariness and sadness in her eyes and so she immediately asked her about it.