iv.

3 Weeks Later

"Miss Kim, all the files you want are in there."

Jisoo hums in acknowledgement before smiling at the strawberry-haired girl, her 'secretary' Park Roséanne, and taking the documents. They were acquaintances from an Australian college that was a shareholder of her own university back at New York. The younger girl was studying to be a pediatrician but had dropped out in the middle of the year for reasons unknown. It was unnerving that her brothers dug around her past but at least they could help the girl with work.

Rosé, as she preferred, had always been in awe of the beauty her new boss had even from before. They did talk several times and knowing that she was a kind and friendly lady, the blonde had immediately agreed to fly over to be her secretary. Of course, being near her and her very handsome and elusive brothers was just an added bonus.

The black-haired girl takes the files, placing them on the second drawer of her desk while still looking at her applications. Plenty of hospitals were ready to welcome her but she wanted to be accepted for her skill and not the family name.

If she has to look at another application form, she'll go crazy.

Pushing back her chair, Jisoo easily stands and links arms with the Australian girl. She flashes her a brilliant smile that immediately puts Rosé at ease.

"Let's go shopping, Chaeyoung-ssi," She offers kindly. "My wardrobe really isn't suited for Korean weather."

The strawberry-blonde giggles, unable to stop it. Australia, New York and Korea really did have differing climates. However, shouldn't she be finishing applying first? "But, Ms. Kim---"

"Just Jisoo, please."

The younger woman smiles though forces a sigh. "Jisoo-ssi, you have to tell your brothers."

"Of course I will, Rosie." The nickname's new but for some reason, she doesn't really mind it. "Wait at the car while I tell oppa and my dongsaeng."

~*~*~

"Chaeng, does this make me look fat?"

Rosé looks up from the dress she was currently inspecting and snorts, guffawing when she spots Jisoo in a very unflattering dress in the colors of dark orange and light green, similar to a carrot. It horrifies her that a designer thought anyone would've bought it but it's a smaller thought when compared to Jisoo trying wiggle around in it.

It's been a week since the Kim had arrived and 2 since Miss Park joined her, a good two weeks of becoming close though despite her position as Jisoo's usual confidant, she wasn't allowed to know what happens during the hours of 3 to 6 pm when the Kims would leave the residence. Without them, she feels like a ghost drifting aimlessly in the house no matter what she does. The youngest Kim, Taehyung, makes a point to talk to her. Sometimes, when she doesn't particularly feel talkative, she listens to him ramble about their childhood shenanigans that made her see them in a different light and she returns some funny anecdotes of her own.

"How about this?" Her boss asks, raising a purple blouse with red tie. The colors weren't usually paired together even though they looked beautiful. It was a welcome change to the black, white and pink of her usual attire.

The blonde taps her chin in thought before nodding in appreciation. "Beautiful. Suits your hair."

Jisoo nods, taking the other articles of clothing she picked out earlier as her secretary did.

"Honestly, I think I want to change my hair color."

While she was busy paying and returning the abominable dress, Rosé looked at her curiously. She looked amazing in the black hair and she has no doubt any other color would look any less captivating on her but which one?

Her eyes fall to the tie and a smile forms.

"Red."

The older girl hums, not understanding. "What?"

"You'll rock red hair." The younger girl repeats. "Not auburn or my strawberry-blonde, but real red hair."

Jisoo smiles, twirling a lock with her finger while replying in English. "Like Ariel from the little mermaid?"

"Exactly!" Rosé exclaims, laughing though she was very sincere on it looking on Jisoo.

"Let's go buy some then, hm?" The black-haired girl says amusedly, taking their bags and locking her free arm around Rosé's as they enter the busy streets of the shopping district.

Her eyes scan the various boutiques for one that sells hair dye but instead, she sees fluffy black hair. Her heart seemed to drop when she saw the man in a black trenchcoat, looking tired of the world's bullshit while he just stood there.

Was that...?

She could recognize him anywhere; she knew him like the back of her hand. Memories of him with pink (adorable), mint green (rebellious), brown (warm) and platinum blond (painful) hair flooded her mind. She didn't even notice her freeze in place.

"Unnie?" Rosé asks softly, worried when she sees the older girl's eyes glassy and distant. "Are you okay?"

She breaks off her staring, smiling at her friend to ease her. Anything to keep them from meeting again. "Of course. Hair dye?"

~*~*~

AUTHORS NOTES

I apologize if I'm taking too long with the story. For now, I think I'll be transferring and editing the chapters before resuming the story. It's gotten very clustered and disorganized so I apologize! This is the one sole thing I just want to finish because it is the reason why I made this account, after all. Sorry for the delay again, loves.