Chapter 3

Thank you for reading and I hope you find this story captivating enough! If you notice any grammar mistakes then let me know <D I hope you enjoy!

I also don't own K! 

When Umeko uses telepathy then the text will look like this!

3rd pov

Young man with red hair walked down the streets of Shizume City.  His electric green eyes looked around behind the black framed glasses studding people who walked pass him. Some young girls would stop and squeal or blush at him. Ryou knew it was either because of him or the companion he had- a cute pomeranian also his fellow clans member Kaito.

FLASHBACK!!

Ryou was in the living room watching TV with Takashi. (A/N: Yes, they have the latest tech despite living under the temple!)  Hideki and Akira were playing chess while trying to teach Kaito. Suddenly Natsuko skipped in wearing so big grin that possibly could stay permanently. Hideki rose an eyebrow, knowing that the strain was with the Queen. What could she said to her to make her this happy?

"Ryou! Umeko-chan wants to talk to you!!" Natsuko called and started to skip out of the room and to the corridor leading towards her room.

"Oh and bring Kaito along!" The cat strain yelled from somewhere farther away.

Ryou groaned standing up and walking in the direction of Purple Kings room, motioning Kaito to follow him. What does the Puppeteer need now? he thought.

"I heard that, Ryou..." got the red head his answer via telepathy their King possesses.

Kaito knocked on the door  and got the permission to enter. They saw Umeko sitting behind the many  surveillance screens  her room has. She spun around in her chair and looked at her clansmen.

"I need you to go out and study this young man.." She shows them one screen that has a picture of a boy with light brown hair and brown eyes. Both members were confused.

"This is Tatara Totsuka and his a clansman of Red King, Mikoto Suoh."

"Wait!? What!? You want us to watch him and possibly come into contact  with HOMRA!" Ryou blasted. Kaito elbowed him and soon Ryou realised who was he talking to.

"S-sorry, Queen..."

"It's alright, but let it be the last time it happens. Okay?" Umeko was giving Ryou a smile, but he could see that he had disappointed  her.

"May I ask why?" Kaito asks and questions at the same time. The purple haired woman turns towards the screens.

"I couldn't get into his head. It is infuriating, honestly. Maybe with a bigger struggle, but I didn't want to hurt him. It makes him exceptional..." Boys were shocked. She COULDN'T  get into someone's mind, because she, the Puppeteer, didn't want to hurt someone that  infuriates her.

"We will do it, Master!" Kaito spoke for both of them. Ryou nods and smiles at the purple haired woman. 

"That's good and now you need a cover. Two guys walking together and following him would be suspicious and of course wierd."

FLASHBACK OVER!!!

Together they thought that walking a dog would be less doubtful. Ryou and his "dog" have been following Tatara Totsuka all day and they seriously think that this boy is like a spider on crack- never staying still. 

Ryou's pov

"Come on, Kaito! Move your furry ass! We'll loose him if we don't move quicker!" I whisper to him, trying to get him moving faster.

"I have short legs and have stayed in this form for entire time we have been pursuing him! Give me a break!" Kaito whines loudly looking at me angrily. He sits down on the sidewalk and sniffs unhappily. Cue the squeals! He looks too damn cute!! 

"Hey!" Someone says and a shadow is casted on me and Kaito. I look up and see the dude we have been running around with the all fucking day! I see Kaito looking at me then at that Tatara guy, telling me with his big black eyes that we got him.

"Hey!" I answer and see the HOMRA's guy smiling softly at Kaito.

"May I pet him? What's her name? She looks really cute!" he says looking from me to the "dog" that is sitting trying to look as dog as possible and not start yelling because Totsuka called him girl. I laugh lightly and nod.

"Sure! His name is Kaito!" I say and see Tatara lower himself so he is kneeling next to the dog and starts petting him. 

"Oh... sorry little fella for mistaking you as a girl." he apologises and Kaito starts nuzzling his face. I try not to laugh out loud and wish that Takashi were here. That raven haired dude would be rolling on the ground laughing and wheezing his ass off.

"Yeah... he get's that all the time." I say and the light brown haired guys phone starts ringing. 

"One sec'..." he says to me or to Kaito I don't know.

Try to listen what they are speaking! I hear in my head and by the looks of it , Kaito got the message, too.

A/N: This is what it looks like if Izumo's speaking!

"Oh, hi Izumo!"

"Where are you, Tatara?"

"I was on my way, when I met this cute little dog!" he says the end of his sentence in baby voice. That was.... erm...wierd!?

"Well say bye-bye to the doggy and come back!" 

"Will do!" Tatara said making stupid faces to Kaito. The strain looked at the red clansman as he had grown another head and looked at me to confirm if this is really happening right now.

"Mhmm.... By the way that girl who collapsed at the bar yesterday,  we visited her and she doesn't remember anything. I think there is more to that. Anna... well come back and then you'll know more."

"Alright! See ya'!" he put the phone away and smiled awkwardly.

"Sorry to keep you waiting! It was nice meeting you and your dog. Maybe we'll meet again someday but I have to go right now!" I shook my head and looked at Kaito. We need to keep him occupied so we can get more informat-

"You can let him leave.. Someone is watching you!"   Umeko's voice echoed in my and Kaito's head. We stiffened and the "dog" started to look around. 

"No problem!" I told Tatara and waved my hand in careless manner.

"I'll take my leave then! Bye Kaito and erm..." he scratched his neck in embarrassment because he talked so long with me without asking my name. 

"Ryou" I filled in the gap.

"Oh bye Ryou!" He started to leave.

"Bye Tatara Totsuka! We'll meet again someday!" I called after him and took my chance to disappear into the human mass. 

3rd pov

Tatara turned around and looked for the young man with red hair and glasses, the owner of that cute dog Kaito. He didn't see him.

"How did you know my name.... I didn't tell you..." Someone grabbed Tatara's shoulder startling him. Turning around his brown eyes clashed with hazel ones. 

"Hey Yata! You surprised me!" he told to the chestnut haired vanguard.

"Yeah I bet I did, but who were you talking to?" Yata asked and his eyes were alarmed.

"Well, that was Kaito and his owner, Ryou." 

"You do know that they had followed you for a long way..." Yata trailed off and hoped that Tatara got the idea, what he tries to indicate.

"Hah, I think you are overreacting!" Tatara waves it off but it truly gave him an odd feeling. In the bottom of his heart he knew that Yata was right.