Chapter 20

Hello, dear readers!! I know you waited for some time for chapter 20! There was a massive thunderstorm yesterday and another one is going to hit any time now. I'm literally having a race with the thunder!! 

I hope you enjoy this chapter!!! ^^

Meanings:

Telepathy

Sensory scrying

........................................

Umeko's pov

Dresden Slate that now has slight purple glow to it, hums beneath my feet as I make my way to the transparent casket where my good old friend rests. My boot heels click on the hard floor making the sound pounce around the room. I put my hand on top of the glass and run my hand over it in a slow caressing movements.

"I never thought I would see you like this... fragile and quiet, my dear freund. Even if we met two times and had few conversations via telepathy, you always talked for the both of us... and it was nice," I look at the youthful and calm face of his. No emotion could be seen. I know that he's right now Yashiro Isana. I know that he will soon claim his body back but... I still feel like someone is squeezing my heart a little. What is this feeling?

"You should know that I went through some serious mind manipulations to get here unnoticed. I thought I would find a reason to smile, after all you are my first friend and seeing you again would bring happiness. Yes, I have learned some new emotions. I still have few but at least I got some," I smile at him then my emotionless mask returns.

I open my mouth again to say something to him but the change in the Slate's glow catches my eye. It has a slight purple glow that is fading to growing golden hue. The Second King is coming. I walk towards the many windows and slid one open. I am high up but I can use my aura to land lightly and without harming myself. I hear the opening of the doors. He's here...

"Who are you?" the gruff voice shows how time has caught up on him. It is deep but scratchy. I tilt my head making my purple hair tickle my neck under the hood of my coat. He steps closer.

"Turn around!" I sigh but do as he commanded and see his face change from anger to shocked one. I see three Usagis behind him. They look threatening but I know that they are no match for me.

"I thought when you would show up.." the clansmen of his angel their head's like they didn't get what's going on.

"Sir?" one of them asks and the Golden King acknowledged it by raising his hand in stop motion.

"There is no need to hide your face, Purple King," I pull down my hood and look into his eyes. He shudders. At the mention of my title the rabbits quickly bowed in respect and I greeted them with a smaller one back. They were taken aback.

"I came here to see my sleeping friend unnoticed. I didn't mean to cause any trouble..."

"Yes, I can see that by the tricks you performed in my clansmen's minds," he relaxes his shoulders and walks towards the place I was before. He pats the casket gently. 

"I never thought that Weismann was right, about you..." he trails off not knowing my name.

"Umeko, Umeko Murasaki," he smiles a grandfatherly-like smile.

"Purple plum... It fits..." I look at him with amused eyes. This man is actually pretty friendly. I feel slight call in my head. One of my clansmen is trying to connect with me. I whip my head towards the island and see smoke coming from it. My territory...