Chapter Three- "Don't Worry About It."

Chapter Three

"Don't Worry About It."

Sophia’s Point Of View-

             I have never seen a person in more shock than I have right now as I stared at Justin. His face was whiter than a ghost, his lips slightly parted. I tried to think of something to say but I couldn’t find the words because to be honest I was in just as much shock as he was.

            “You what?” He repeated himself again and gripped onto the handles of the cupboard behind him.

            “I just thought he should know Justin.” Pattie whispered quietly.

            “Why the fuck should he know anything?!” He completely exploded and I put my hand over my mouth at his choice of language. “He wasn’t there for me through anything. You shouldn’t have called him!”

            He let go of the cupboard handles and started to pace back and forth in the kitchen, his eyes turning darker with each second that passed by.

            “Justin don’t talk to me like that.” She scolded.

            “You deserve it.” He sneered back at her.

            “Justin…”

            “What Sophia?” He chuckled and glanced towards me. “Are you going to sit there and say you’re on my mom’s side right now?”

            I remained silent and tried to choose my words wisely. The truth was that I actually did agree with Pattie. Regardless of how bad he’s treated him, I think he deserved to know that his son was getting married.

            “Seriously?” He looked between the both of us and realized we weren’t saying anything. “Unbelievable.”

            I watched him run his fingers through his hair and leave the room, slamming his fist down on the counter as he walked by.

            Pattie looked down at her hands and twirled a diamond ring that was placed upon her pinky finger. I wasn’t sure what she was thinking until I watched her slowly wipe a tear from underneath her eye.

            “Hey…” I walked over to her and grabbed her hands. “He didn’t mean any of that Pattie, he’s just upset right now.”

            “I’m so sorry sweetie.” She said and looked up at me. “This was supposed to be a great day for the two of you and I just ruined it. I just thought he should know before Jeremy tried to contact him.”

            “I totally understand, it’s alright Pattie. I think it’s just a lot for him to take in right now.”

            Her eyes moved from side to side and her gaze turned from me to look down at her hands again.

            “Has he ever told you about his past?” She asked.

            I looked at her confused and didn’t know if I should tell her or not. Justin has told me a little bit about it but I didn’t exactly know if he wanted his mom to know that he told me. I kind of wanted to know more about it though. Maybe then I’d be able to understand him a little bit better.

            “He has a little bit, but not a lot.” I admitted.

             I looked around to make sure Justin wasn’t there and turned back to Pattie. I was going to go after him but I know that it’s best to talk to him after he’s cooled off because otherwise he wouldn’t even listen to me.