Chapter Seven - "I Know So."

Chapter Seven  

"I Know So."

Sophia’s Point Of View-

             “Thank you so much for the incredible visit.” I sent Jeremy a warm smile and leaned over to wrap him in a close embrace.

            It was Sunday evening and unfortunately Justin and I were heading back home to LA. This weekend has been such an amazing experience and I know it’s been a life changing one for Justin.

            We were currently at the private gated section at the airport now that Jeremy knew where to correctly drop us off so we could finally say a proper goodbye without fans and paparazzi consuming us.

            “Don’t mention it.” He replied as a laugh escaped his lips. “It’s been a pleasure having the both of you here. I really hope I get to see you guys sometime soon.”
            My eyes scanned over Justin’s face and I noticed a hint of sadness emerging into his brown orbs. I’m not sure why, but for whatever reason I felt tears prick into the corners of mine so I quickly tried to blink them away. I was going to miss this family so much.

            “We’ll be back as soon as possible.” Justin responded and pulled his dad in for a short hug. “Tell Jazzy and Jaxon I said to not miss me too much.” 

            Jazzy and Jaxon had left to go spend the week at Erin’s. I had recently found out that Erin was Jeremy’s ex wife and Justin filled me in on the whole current living situation.

            “I will.” Jeremy smirked and placed my suitcase in front of me. “Is it too soon to ask if we’re invited to the wedding?”

            I immediately let out a giggle knowing what Justin’s answer would be. I didn’t exactly want to answer for him, but I’m pretty sure I knew what it would be.

            “That shouldn’t even be a question.” I heard him respond. “Of course you guys are.”

            The mood around us shifted and suddenly I felt a wave of sadness come over me knowing that it was time to say our final goodbye. This weekend has shown me what an actual family was like and it also showed me what I’ve missed out on my whole life. I was thrilled to be able to somewhat be a part of his now.

            Turning back to look at the plane, everything was ready to go. I was just waiting for Justin’s cue to board. The weather was beautiful today, the sky was a perfect crystal blue and the wind felt just right as it hit against my skin. If only we didn’t have to leave today then we would have been able to enjoy it.

            “We’ll call soon.” Justin spoke up again and entwined his fingers with mine.

            Sending one last final wave to Jeremy, I followed Justin onto the plane and sunk down once more into the plush white leather seat. As sad as leaving his family was, I was kind of glad we were able to have some alone time now.

            Nuzzling my head onto his shoulder, I inhaled his scent and smiled when I recognized the smell of Jeremy. He smelt like a rustic cabin with a hint of tobacco. It was a bittersweet feeling.

            “Well that was fun.” I said quietly and smiled when I felt his head rest on top of mine.

            “Thank you.” He replied and ran his fingertips on my shoulder. “For all of this.”
            It amazed me how much Justin felt like I improved his life when in reality he did a huge part of this too. He forgave his father, which was a huge step for him. I don’t think he realizes how strong he truly is. I may help him out with some things but he comes through for himself in the end.