Chapter Twenty Eight- "I Just Need You Right Now."

"I Just Need You Right Now."

Sophia’s Point Of View-

             It was about eight o clock in the morning and all I could think about was what I was going to get Justin for Christmas. It was only three weeks away and I have no idea what on earth this boy wanted. What could he possibly want when he could have anything at the snap of his fingers?

             As ludicrous ideas floated throughout my head I spotted Pattie come into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. I thought I was the only one up because Justin was still sleeping and the whole house was silent but obviously I was wrong. Maybe she would have a better idea for me.

            “Pattie what do you think Justin wants for Christmas?”

            I watched her pour the steamy liquid into her mug before she turned around to face me and gave me a look that was almost as if she had no idea either. I couldn’t blame her really.

            “I think the biggest thing he wants in life he already has.” She admitted quietly. “He just wants you and that baby healthy. I can guarantee it.”

            My cheeks instantly turned slightly red, causing me to look down at my fingertips on the island. Oh Justin, why must you be so difficult to shop for?

            “I guess.” I muttered.

            Pulling out the stool beside me, she plopped herself down and pushed the newspaper to the side of her. I was beyond tired but I haven’t been getting much sleep lately because all I could think about was the baby. I kept thinking about it growing and about my stomach getting bigger. I couldn’t think about anything else but that.

            “In other words,” she said and set the mug down. “Where are you thinking of having the wedding?”

            So many different people have asked the question she asked so many different times and to be honest I had no clue. We could have it anywhere I wanted and we could have every little detail I wanted. It seemed like such an easy thing to answer but I haven’t given it much thought until now.

            “Well if I’m being completely honest I think I want it to be small.” I said. “I don’t want a big wedding and I certainly don’t want the media to be involved. I want this to be special for the two of us and I kind of just want our close family and friends there.”

            “That sounds wonderful.” She chimed in. “Have you thought about who you want to be in the wedding?”

            “My best friend Carina. She’s really the only person um, that I have…” I let my voice trail off as I realized how lonely I honestly was. If I didn’t have Justin, my life would seriously suck. I can’t even believe I haven’t told Carina about the date of the wedding. It was in three weeks practically and I haven’t even called her to let her know.

            “That’s alright sweetie.” She replied soothingly. “It’s going to be an incredible day.”

            I sat there on the stool in the kitchen for what seemed like forever in my mind. It was like all of this was just suddenly hitting me. There was so much to put together and it seemed like there was such little time. I have no idea how on earth we’re going to pull this off but I guess I’ll start off with calling Carina.

            “I hope so.” I said. “But I haven’t even called Carina so I think I’m going to do that now.”

            Planting my bare feet onto the cold hardwood floor, Pattie gave me a small smile before returning to her newspaper as I scurried away into the bedroom. Justin was still asleep in bed looking as beautiful as ever, his arm hung over the edge of the bed as his mouth was slowly opening and closing from the heavy breathing. I fought the urge to go kiss him and pulled my phone off of the charger on the side table.