Chapter Twenty Two- "I Want You."

Chapter Twenty Two 

"I Want You."

Sophia's Point Of View-

            Sitting in the doctor’s office, I felt like I was going to pass out because I was so nervous. The reason we were here was to find out just how far along I was and we were possibly going to hear the heartbeat today depending on how far along I was. We had come here secretly after calling the doctor and explaining the situation, only for me to want to puke. As secretive as our entrance was, there were still a couple of mothers in the waiting room that spotted us. I wouldn’t doubt if they went and told the media sources but at this point I didn’t really care. The most important thing was our child right now.

            I was lying on my back with a sheet over me because they were scheduled to do an ultrasound, which also made me nervous. I’ve never had one done before so I didn’t know what it would feel like but I’m just glad Justin was here.

            “Are you nervous?” He grinned at me once he saw my expression and continued to rub circles on my palm.

            “Yes.” I admitted. “I don’t want anything to be wrong with our baby.”
            “Our baby.” He repeated what I said and sent me another smile. “I love the sound of that.”
            Hearing a knock on the door, our doctor came in wearing the usual white coat and sent us both a casual nod of the head. She had a short blonde bob with bright blue eyes. She honestly looked like the type of doctor that you’d see in a commercial or something. But I didn’t question it because Justin was the one that found the doctor. She was supposedly the best one around.

            “Good afternoon.” She said. “How are you feeling today Sophia?”

            Shrugging my shoulders, I tried to calm myself down but my heart was picking up speed the more and more I laid here. If I were to tell her the truth, I wasn’t feeling my best. I had woken up today and threw up not once, but twice. It was the worst feeling ever.

            “Alright I guess.” I lied.

            Putting on a pair of gloves, she lifted the sheet up to examine my stomach.

            “Have you ever had an ultrasound done before?”
            It looked like she knew the answer because of how nervous I was so I quickly shook my head and bit my lip, unsure of what to expect.

            “Before we begin I’ll just inform you on what this is meant to do. The purpose of an ultrasound is to determine your due date and it also is used to detect how many children you’re having.”
            “Oh god.” I interrupted her. “There better only be one.”

            She laughed along with Justin and she shook her head before reaching over to the cabinet and grabbing a bottle of an unusual colored gel. I don’t get what was so funny about what I said because I don’t think I could handle one, let alone two.

            “This might be a little cold.”

            Squeezing the bottle, the gel hit my stomach, causing me to wince from the temperature of it.  Justin squeezed my hand to let me know that it was okay as we watched her move a machine in front of the two of us.

            “This is called a transducer.” She held up an odd looking object and looked between Justin and I. “What I’m going to do is roll the gel around on your stomach. It allows me to detect problems with the heart valves and allows me to measure the blood flow through the arteries. It doesn’t hurt whatsoever, and it produces great images for you to see. Alright?”