Chapter Four- "You Need To Relax."

Chapter Four

"You Need To Relax." 

Sophia’s Point Of View-

             “Mom are you serious? This is exactly why I didn’t want you to tell him.”

            I woke up to the sound of Justin’s voice and the mood in the room immediately felt stressful. I didn’t see Justin in bed so I pulled a sheet around myself and walked over to press my ear up against the bathroom door.

            “Why the hell would I go and see him when he doesn’t even have the balls to talk to me over the phone?”

            Oh no. My heart sunk in sadness for him at the realization that Jeremy must not have wanted to call him. I didn’t like anyone to make Justin sad so Jeremy wasn’t exactly on my good list right now.

            “Sophia?”

            I jumped when I saw Justin in front of me with the door open. I must have zoned out or something, I don’t know. I flickered my eyes side to side, knowing I’d just been caught eavesdropping.

            “What happened?” I whispered quietly.

            His eyes were a darker hazel than they usually are and I couldn’t tell if it was nerves or sadness that were washing them out.

            “My dad said he wants us to fly out there tomorrow but he wants to wait to talk to me in person instead of over the phone.”

            “Tomorrow? Wow. That’s soon.”

            “I know.” He groaned and retrieved his suitcase from a nearby closet. “I don’t want to do this Sophia. I can’t stand him.”

            I felt my stomach drop knowing how much pain he’s gone through. I mean, I know what it’s like to grow up without parents but it was a complete different situation than his. At least my parents actually wanted to see me.

            “Babe I know it’s going to be hard but I swear it’ll be alright. We’ll do it together.”

            He didn’t respond, he just kept throwing different pieces of clothing into the suitcase. I watched him turn around and try to brush past me but before he could I grabbed his wrist to stop him.

            “Hey.” I whispered and brushed his cheek with my hand. “You’re not alone in this baby. I’m right here with you.”

            It was almost as if he was in a different world or something. His eyes were completely glazed over, making it so his used to be hazel orbs were now more of a smoky grey.

            “Justin seriously.” I tried to get him to look at me but I could tell his mind was going in all different directions.

            I hated to see him like this. It was like he didn’t even realize that I was talking to him. There was only one thing that I know that could make him feel better.

            “Come here.” I said abruptly.

            I grabbed him by the wrist and tugged him back to the bed, causing him to snap out of his daydream.

            “Sophia what are you doing? I have to pack.”

            “Baby…” I whispered and laid him face down on the bed.