Chapter Six - "Is She Okay?"

Chapter Six

"Is She Okay?"

Sophia’s Point Of View-

             I woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. Blinking my eyes to the incoming light through the window, I sat up in the comforter and noticed that Justin wasn’t beside me.

            Walking into the hallway, I found my way towards the kitchen and spotted everyone gathered around the table.  Justin was putting eggs onto Jaxon’s plate and Jazzy and Jeremy were pouring syrup onto their pancakes. It was such an adorable thing to see.

            Feeling like I was interrupting, I started to head back into the room to get ready for the day until I saw Justin’s eyes immediately lock with mine. I wasn’t exactly prepared for breakfast. I was wearing a pair of pajama shorts and one of Justin’s sweatshirts so I wasn’t looking my best.

            “Baby!” Justin sent me a smile and opened out his arms for me to sit in his lap.

            I blushed and sent a shy smile to everyone as I gladly took a seat on his thighs. The dining room table only had four chairs so it was kind of my only option.

            “Did you sleep well?” Jeremy questioned and passed me a plate.

            “Too well.” I admitted and leaned back into Justin’s chest.

            Last night was probably one of the happiest nights that I’ve ever seen Justin. I’m so glad that we were spending time with his family. I’ve never really felt what an actual family feels like so to see Justin interact with his was incredible.

            “Well I’m glad then.” He sent me another smile and put a pancake on my plate. “We’re taking you and Justin out to dinner tonight to celebrate the engagement.”

            I immediately felt a smile form on my face at the thought of that. I’m so happy that all of Justin’s family approved of us getting married. I know it must be a relief to Justin too that he approved of me. I know that as much as he said he didn’t like his dad before, his opinion still meant a lot to him.

            “That sounds like so much fun. Thank you.” I started to pour syrup on my pancakes and felt Justin’s head rest on my shoulder.

            “Does seven sound alright?” He questioned and looked over to Justin.            

            I looked down at him on my shoulder and nodded my head to let him know that it was fine.

            “Yeah.” Justin spoke up. “That sounds good.”

 --------

            It was an hour before we had to leave for dinner and I was currently searching through what seemed like an endless amount of clothing. I didn’t know what to wear tonight but I think I had a black dress in mind that could work.

            “Hi baby.”

            I felt Justin’s arms wrap around my stomach and I leaned back into him to take all of the affection he was giving. I love it when he’s happy.

            “Hi.” I smirked to myself and bent down to sort through more clothing.

            “What are you doing?” He asked.