Chapter Twenty Six- "I'll Make Sure Of It."

Chapter Twenty Six

"I'll Make Sure Of It." 

Sophia’s Point Of View-

       “And they’re not going to be able to tell us they’re opinions because-“

             “Justin.” I said.

            “They have no idea what type of parents we’re going to be so as far as I’m concerned I could care-“

            “JUSTIN!”      

            I yelled even louder to get him to stop talking, feeling like I literally was going to stop breathing at any second. The blood continued to stream down my leg and I couldn’t do anything when Justin looked at me to see why I interrupted him except point to it.

            “Oh my god.” Tears sprung to his eyes as he lifted me into his arms and ran out into the middle of the living room, pausing to remember where he put his keys.

            “Where are the two of you going?” Pattie scolded us probably due to the fact that it was midnight or the fact that I was pregnant.

            “Mom! Mom I don’t know what to do.” Justin tried to look around the room for his keys and I could tell that he wasn’t thinking straight. He just stood there frozen in shock and once Pattie noticed the expression on his face she stood up to see what was wrong but quickly froze once she saw the blood dripping onto the carpet.

            “Get in the car.” She said immediately and raced over to the kitchen counter to grab the keys. “Justin, get in the car. Now!”

            He wasn’t moving. He held me in his arms and he blinked a couple of times as if he didn’t hear her. I grabbed his face in my hands to snap him out of it and focus. I know that he’s nervous but he needs to help me right now.

            “Baby focus.” I soothed, even though I felt like I was going to pass out at any second. “You need to help me and our baby. I know this is scary right now but you need to do what your mom says. Please.”

            Quickly nodding his head, he raced out into the cold and opened the passenger side of the car so he could pull me into his lap. All I could do was sob into his chest at what was happening. I know that I said I had fears about having a baby but I didn’t mean it. God I swear I didn’t mean it. I sent a silent prayer to him to let him know that I didn’t mean it. I wanted this child more than anything.

            Pattie slammed the door of the car behind her and almost instantly started the car before backing out and putting her hazard lights on so we could get to the emergency room as fast as possible.

            “I don’t want to lose him… or her.” I spat out between sobs. “Baby I know that I said I didn’t want to bring it into this world if your parents didn’t approve but I take it all back. Oh my god I take it all back.”

            I saw Pattie out of the corner of my eye start to get tears in her eyes before she focused back on the road and sped to the nearest hospital.

            “Baby stop crying.” He whispered. “We’ll get through this.”

            Even though he was trying to act like everything was okay I could see the tears streaming down his cheek. I know that he was thinking about the Tiffany situation right now and I just wanted him to calm down as much as it was killing me inside too.