Chapter Twenty Seven- "A Little Fun."

"A Little Fun."

Sophia’s Point Of View-

             Quietly opening up the door, I tiptoed into the kitchen to try and find something to drink. I had woken up about two hours ago and I had no idea what time it was but Justin was still sleeping so my goal was just to grab a glass of water and go back to sleep.

            I didn’t even have time to let my bare feet hit the hardwood flooring of the kitchen before Pattie came out of her room and rushed over to me, her eyes filled with nothing but regret.

            “Honey, come here.” She wrapped her arms tightly around my waist and pressed me up against her, making me smile into her worn down t-shirt that she was currently wearing.

            “I’m so sorry Pattie.” My voice came out muffled as I tried to get the words out but I know she heard me because she pulled away quickly and held me at arms length.

            “You have nothing to be sorry about. Justin, Jeremy and I had a long conversation about things and I’m the blame for everything that happened last night. I feel horrible and I just want you to know that we’re more than happy to welcome this baby into the world Sophia. Every child is a blessing from god.”

            Letting a tear escape from my eye, I wiped it away and wrapped her in another hug and nodded my head into her shoulder to let her know that I forgave her. I just wanted to put yesterday behind us and move onto the future.

            “Don’t blame yourself.” I quickly said. “There are a lot of other things going on besides what happened last night. Don’t worry about it.”

            Justin then entered the kitchen with nothing but a pair of briefs on and I blushed from his choice of wardrobe. I guess Pattie’s used to seeing him in barely anything but I just wasn’t used to him being in front her like that. I watched her give him a small smile as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

            “How are you feeling?” He muttered, his lips vibrating from his voice against my earlobe.

            “Better.” I whispered.

            Running his fingers through his hair, he walked slowly over to the coffee maker, his body obviously weak from his tired state, and began to brew a cup.

            “I’m going to jump right into this now,” Pattie spoke up and started to play with her hands on top of the island. “Are you two planning on having the wedding before or after the baby?”

            “Before.” We both said.

            “Good. That’s what I wanted to happen.”
            Justin poured his cup of coffee and brought the mug to his lips so he could sip gently on it. To be honest all I wanted to do right now was have sex with him. We haven’t had it in what seems like forever.

            “When will the wedding be?” She asked.

            “We already told you that we don’t know.” Justin rolled his eyes and set the cup down on the counter in front of her.

            “Justin you need to decide now because this baby isn’t exactly going to stay in the womb forever.”

            “Oh my goddddd.” He groaned and put his face into his hands. “Fine. Um, January first?”