Chapter Thirty Five- "The Wedding."

Chapter Thirty Five

"The Wedding."

           There comes a time in your life when you realize you don’t want to be with anyone else. Even though you’ve been through the negativity, the fights, the mistakes, and even the pain, it doesn’t matter because that one person means more to you than anything in this world.

          You take another step.

            It’s like when you first meet that person the whole world stops around you and you feel like nothing else matters. You wonder how you’ve gotten this far in life without that person and you feel bad for the people who haven’t experienced this feeling yet. That feeling that just doesn’t go away. That feeling that makes your heart burst out of your chest and leap into your throat just at the site of that person because they’re so perfect.

            You take another step.

            Suddenly, your whole world turns upside down after you meet this person and you fall in love. You fall so deeply in love that you don’t think you’re ever going to be able to get yourself out. Everything that person does from the moment they wake up to the moment they close their eyes at night you realize is true beauty. You realize that this person is the only person on earth that’s meant for you and there’s not any other living breathing soul that can give you the happiness that person brings you.

            You take another step.

            Then, you find yourself looking back on all of these memories wondering how on earth time went by so fast. How did one person change your life in such little time? It seems like you just met each other but you’ve known each other for so long and you feel connected to them in this complete indescribable way. It’s like you need them to keep you alive, like their smile is what gets you through the day and you would do anything possible to keep it there.

            You take another step.

            Through all of this, through everything you’ve ever been through, you finally find yourself walking down the aisle to let this person know how strongly you feel about them. You can feel the love radiating through the chapel as they watch you walk towards the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. There’s so much distance between the two of you and all you want to do is head into their arms and hold them close.

            You take another step.

            All of the struggles you’ve faced in life, all of the nights you’ve stayed up crying just wishing someone would come along and care have suddenly vanished. Those nights you thought you’d never find someone disappear because the person you’ve been searching for all of this time is standing right in front of you.

            You take another step.

            The moment is here. Suddenly the music stops and you take the hand of the one you love. You can feel their adoration of love pour into you when you stare into their eyes. As the priest begins to speak, you hold on tightly and begin to feel the tears pour onto your cheeks because you can’t fathom the fact that it’s actually happening. It’s like everything you’ve ever been through has been leading up to this moment right here, right now.

            “Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honorable estate, instituted of God, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Christ and his Church. Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter forever hold his peace.”