Chapter Thirty Two- "Open It."

Chapter Thirty Two

"Open It." (GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER LMFAO)

            On the night of Christmas Eve Justin and I were spending it at a huge family dinner at Jeremy’s house with Pattie, Jazzy and Jaxon, Jeremy, Justin’s grandparents, and Ryan and Chaz. I found out that it was something Jeremy did every year. He cooked this whole huge dinner except he didn’t exactly have all of these people to enjoy it. I probably haven’t ever been happier then I am right now as I watched Justin’s face shine brighter than the Christmas lights on the tree. He was surrounded with nothing but people that loved him and I’m almost certain that he could feel that. I loved seeing him laugh at what Chaz and Ryan said and listening to him share stories of the past couple of years with his grandparents. The holidays were definitely my favorite time of year with him I’ve decided.

            “When we found out about the wedding we were so thrilled!” Justin’s grandmother, Diane, said after she finished chewing a piece of turkey. “We just were waiting for the chance to finally meet you. With Justin’s hectic schedule it was almost impossible.”

            “Well I’m honored to meet you.” I sent her a full-toothed grin and circled my fingertips around Justin’s palm underneath the table. “Justin has talked a lot about you.”

            “Oh darling trust me, he’s talked a lot about you as well.” She replied, which made the whole table laugh.

            “When doesn’t he talk about her is the question?” Chaz started laughing uncontrollably as soon as he said it and Ryan gave him a high five for his answer. Justin’s face was redder than I’ve ever seen it but he shouldn’t be embarrassed about anything because I think that’s the most romantic thing ever.

            Bringing my fingertips up to his cheek, I brushed them against it and saw a small smile form on the corner of his face but he didn’t turn to look at me. He just cut more into his turkey and took some more bites.

            “Ah young love.” Bruce, Justin’s grandfather chuckled. “What I would give to go back.”

            “Daddy can you pass me the mashed potatoes?” Jazzy’s stubby little fingers reached for the bowl but Jeremy put some on her plate instead because of how hot it was.

            For the next couple of minutes I heard numerous amounts of childhood stories of Justin that I just couldn’t get enough of. Diane and Bruce talked about all of the times he got kicked out of school and how he would always run over to their house as soon as it happened. I never pictured Justin to be a bad ass as a kid but I guess that’s how he viewed himself. I saw right through it though because deep down he’s as sweet as it gets.

            It wasn’t until an awkward silence came over the table from everyone not knowing what to talk about when Jeremy cleared his throat and set his fork and spoon down next to his empty plate.

            “Well since we’re all together I have an announcement to make.”

            Finishing the last drops of my glass of water, I set it back down on the table and focused my attention on Jeremy. I didn’t really know what the announcement was but I kind of had an idea.

            “I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell everyone that Pattie and I are back together.” His fingers entwined with Pattie’s and put them on the table. I wasn’t sure how Justin was going to feel about this but I was hoping he’d be happy for his mother.