Chapter Eleven- "Put You Down."

Chapter Eleven

"Put You Down."

Sophia’s Point Of View

          “Babe, I have to talk to you about something.”

             I quickly turned my head to see Justin stroll into the room, wearing nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants and a t-shirt. I was currently on my laptop searching up online schools but the tone of his voice told me it was important.

            “Uh, okay.” I gulped and immediately closed the screen. I hated it when he had that look on his face. I knew what he was about to tell me wasn’t good so I just hoped it wasn’t anything that I couldn’t handle.

            Sitting down on the comforter beside me, he grabbed my hand and started to trace circles around it.

            “Well I don’t know if you know this or not but my album release party is tomorrow night.”

            I gave him a confusing look because I had no idea where he was going with this. I mean, isn’t that supposed to be a good thing?

            “I didn’t, but I’m excited now.” I smiled at him. “Why are you making it sound like it’s a bad thing?”

            Knowing that his album release party was tomorrow instantly made my mood better today. I was so excited to finally be able to hear all of the songs. Partly because I knew most of them would be about me, but mostly because I loved his music.

            “Because uh,” He scratched his head and looked away from me. “Fredo’s gonna be there.”

            I felt like my heart almost stopped beating in my chest when I heard the words come out of his mouth.

            “You invited him?” I looked at him in disbelief.

            If he invited him then he’s got another thing coming. I didn’t want to see his face for not even one second and I thought he didn’t want to see his face either. Was he suddenly friends with him now?

            “No.” He shot me the same look back as if he was shocked I’d even think he’d do that. “He was a big part of the visual portion of the album Sophia. I tried to not have him invited but Scooter said I couldn’t do that. I totally understand if you don’t want to go so that’s why I’m talking to you now.”

            As much as I tried to block out the memories from a couple months ago I couldn’t. All I could think about right now was Fredo’s revolting taste in my mouth and his hands all over me. I felt like I was completely frozen in place and I couldn’t move. How was I supposed to go tomorrow when I would be seeing the person who to this day still haunted my dreams at night?

            “Baby.”

            I snapped out of it and felt the wetness of tears on my cheeks. I didn’t even realize I was crying until his fingers wiped underneath my eyelids to get rid of them.

            “You don’t have to go.” He soothed. “I’ll be fine if you don’t.”

            The thought of not going seemed like a huge stress-reliever but as much as Justin was telling me it would be fine if I didn’t go, I know that was a lie. This was a huge night for him and a huge moment for his career. I wasn’t going to let my problems affect that. Maybe if I just faced my fear I could move on from it a lot quicker.