Chapter Nine- "Don't Be Mad."

Chapter Nine

"Don't Be Mad."

Sophia’s Point Of View-

     “Well this is it.”

             Pushing open the heavy glass door, Justin led me inside his recording studio. It was my first day on the job and I couldn’t help but be nervous because this looked like an extremely professional place. I’m not really sure what I was expecting though.

            The interior of this place was exquisite. The floors were a crystal white and the walls were painted a deep red making the feel of it seem really relaxed. When I looked towards the far side of the room I noticed there were leather seats spread out around a huge plasma screen TV, and there were green expensive plants placed here and there around the entryway beside a huge waterfall. This was so beautiful.

            “Wow,” I breathed out and looked around me. “This is incredible.”

            Taking my hand, Justin walked me over to the huge wrap around wooden front desk and I made eye contact with the secretary I’m guessing. Her hair was wrapped up in a tight professional bun and her lips were painted a deep red that matched the color of the walls. She was so pretty.

            “Hey Ella, I’m here for my three o clock in the studio.” He grinned at her and grasped my hand tighter.

            She started to move her fingers rapidly on the keyboard in front of her with not so much as a glance in his direction. I’ve never seen someone not be shocked that they were talking to Justin so it was a breath of fresh air that she seemed normal around him.

            “Alright you can head on in.” She smiled slightly at him. “How long will you be?”

            He chuckled and started to make his way to a separate door next to the leather couches.

            “Do I ever know?”

            I heard her giggle from behind the desk as I watched him enter a confusing code into a machine next to the door. I guess that kind of made sense that there would be security precautions in a place like this because I bet a lot of famous people come here.

            Opening up the door, Justin led me down a large hallway with wooden doors aligned on either side. He stopped at the very end outside of studio 3B and entered in another confusing code. I have no idea how he even remembered these.

            Once I walked in my eyes immediately settled upon a man that was in front of the volume control board or whatever you call it. He turned to face us and I took in all of his features. He looked about my age, maybe around 20. His brown hair was swept to the side - almost looking like Justin’s old haircut – and his eyes were a bright blue.  I wasn’t surprised that he was attractive because to work in a place like this you almost had to be.

            “Hey Justin.” He nodded to him and glanced over at me. “I’m guessing you’re the new employee?” His lips turned up into a small smile and I nervously nodded my head.

            “Um, yeah I guess.” I giggled and watched Justin take off his jacket before focusing my attention back on him. “Who are you?”

            “I’m Darrell.” He spoke up and extended his hand out to me. “I control the audio while Justin’s doing his thing in the booth. It’s nice to meet you.”