Chapter Thirty Four- "Happy New Year."

Chapter Thirty Four.

"Happy New Year."

             New Year’s Eve couldn’t be celebrated any better than with all of our close friends and family. By close friends I mean Ben, Carina, Ryan and Chaz. Carina and Ben had both flown out for the wedding and it wasn’t shocking at all to me that they were back together. I’m not sure why Carina broke up with him in the first place, but it was amazing to see them happy together again.

             “Who the hell is your friend?” Chaz poked me on the shoulder as I was dipping my chip into salsa. We were throwing a small get together but I’m not even sure why we’re staying up this late since the wedding was tomorrow. My stomach was in knots just thinking about it.

            “Um, her name’s Carina.” I said with a mouthful of food. “Why?”

            “Because she’s sexy as shit.”

            I gave him a glare out of the corner of my eye and pinched him gently on the elbow. He better not even think for a second about doing anything to try and get with Carina because finally my two best friends were happy again. I didn’t want anything to get in the way of that.

            “Don’t even think about it Chaz. She’s in a relationship.”

            “Yeah and Soccer has goalies.” He chuckled. “Doesn’t mean you can’t score.”

            My mouth dropped open at his analogy and he grabbed a chip before sending me a wink and heading back into the living room where everyone else was. This was so not what I had intended tonight to go like. I didn’t think I was going to have to worry about Justin’s friend trying to get with my friend.

            Loading my plate up with more food, I grinned to myself at how good it looked and walked back into the living room like Chaz had just done. I couldn’t help it, being pregnant made me so hungry. I was eating for two now.

            “Soph you look good for being three months pregnant.” Carina noted as she scanned me up and down.

            Giving her a confused stare, my mouth was full of chips and I tried not to laugh at the comment she just made. I could literally feel each pound come onto my body with each bite I took. She was utterly insane.

            “Yeah right.” I giggled. “I look like a whale.”

            “Hey.” Justin said in a harsh tone. “Don’t talk about yourself like that. You’re beautiful.”

            I sent him a small smile and shyly looked back to the plate of food in my hand. It was nice of Carina to make that remark about me but I had started to show a little. Not a lot, but it was enough for someone to notice if they looked closely. I just hoped that tomorrow in my wedding dress it wouldn’t be that noticeable.

            “So are you guys nervous?” Carina asked.

            I immediately nodded my head as I tried to swallow more chips and felt my stomach once again go into knots. Thinking about tomorrow made my head hurt and my stomach drop and my heart want to fall out of my chest. Tomorrow was going to be the biggest day of my life practically.

            “It’s going to be great.” Justin smiled. “I can’t wait.”

            “Me either.” I replied.