Superfriends With Benefits:Supergirl-Part 1

I do not own Supergirl or any of its characters, I've just developed an unhealthy obsession with supergirl, Kara's biceps, and Katie McGrath's jawline. 

      You sighed, looking at your watch as the minutes ticked into an hour, into 2 hours, before finally you stood, ignoring the pitying looks of other couples as you exited the restaurant you and your girlfriend Kara were supposed to be eating at, celebrating your six month anniversary. At least, you would be celebrating, if she had actually shown up. 

      It was dark except for the streetlights glowing down the sidewalks as you walked home in the early October cold, all the wile grumbling to yourself. She had been doing this more and more frequently, missing dates, taking extra shifts at work so you didn't see her until late into the night, and even then she was up and gone before you woke up in the morning. 

     You pursed your lips and popped the collar of your coat against the wind, deciding you didn't want to go home to an empty apartment and another bottle of wine. You trudged passed your apartment complex and to a place you had become familiar with in the last couple of weeks as the strain on your and Kara's relationship grew.

      You knocked on the door, Alex Danvers opening it and smiling before noticing your downtrodden look. "Come on in." She said, opening the door to you. You walked in and took off your coat, hanging it up on the rack as you slid off your shoes and put them on the mat. Alex offered you a glass of scotch before pouring herself one and one for her girlfriend Maggie, who sat on the couch with pursed lips and a sympathetic expression. 

      "I'm sorry.. I'm interrupting you guys' chill night, aren't i?" You realized, setting down the glass and preparing to grab your coat again. You didn't want to bother them, or get in the way. There was no reason for two date nights to be ruined tonight. The thought brought a frown to your face and Alex took your hand, leading you to the couch and making you set down. 

      "You're not interrupting at all, now, what did she forget this time?" Alex asked, sipping her drink. You sighed, taking a large gulp from your own glass, which Maggie had retrieved from the counter for you. "Today is our six month anniversary.. We were going to get dinner and go back to the apartment, but..." 

      "-But she never showed.." Maggie finished for you, and you nodded. "She said she'd go straight from work and meet me there, so I figured at most she'd only be half an hour late. At the two hour mark I decided to just leave." You grimaced as you downed the last of your drink, frowning down at the carpet. 

      "I just-.. is it me? Did i do something? Is that why she never wants to spend any time with me anymore? Any other time she missed a date, sure it would piss me off, but tonight? Its our anniversary for Christ's sake!" You found yourself glaring at your empty glass, before standing up. 

      "Sorry to bug you Alex, Maggie, thank you for the drink." You sighed, walking to the door and slipping on your shoes and your coat. They looked at one another with concern before Maggie called out to you. "Y/N!" 

      You turned around, waiting to see what she had to say. "Go give her a piece of your mind." You pursed your lips and nodded, before looking to Alex, who nodded back without a seconds hesitation. "Go talk to her, Y/N." 

      You took off into the cold night, a woman on a mission as you sped down the sidewalk, paying almost no attention to your surroundings. Its safe to say that keeping your eyes on the ground was generally a bad idea to begin with, and you realized this as you were bumped into someone had, accidentally knocking them to the ground. 

      You stopped and held your breath, bending down to see if the were okay. The person you had knocked over was a middle age man, who was wrapped in thin, sheer layers of cloth as a makeshift coat to ward against the cold of fall. "Sir? Sir, I am so sorry, are you alright?" You asked, reaching down to tap gently on his shoulder and help him up when his hand shot up and grabbed you tightly around the wrist. He hopped up and pulled you into the alleyway, slamming you against the hard brick of the building to your left. 

      You felt something cold against your neck and glanced down to see a knife to your throat, the man glaring menacingly at you. "Give me your money! Now!" You fumbled around in your coat with your free hand and pulled out your wallet, shakily holding it out to him. You shut your eyes tight, praying he'd pull the knife away and just run with it. The weight of your wallet never left your hand, however the cool metal of the knife retreated, and you took a deep breath as you opened your eyes. 

      Standing between you and the robber were waves of golden hair and brilliant red cape, Supergirl holding the robber by the front of his shirt. "Now is that any way to treat a woman?"