Always:Alex- Part 1

I do not own Supergirl, nor Alex or any of the other fabulous gays on this show, although I wish,, because I mean, come on,, y'all wouldn't be here if we actually thought the CW was doing a good job with our babies.

"Hyuh!" You grunted as you swung the long, metal pole, rotating it around your back and following through. It hit the air as your opponent dodged, coming up under it and blocking before grabbing onto the stupid thing and kicking you onto your ass with a decent amount of force. More than you had been expecting. You groaned, laying there curled up in a ball for a few moments as she took a few steps closer to you.

Sighing, she picked up the pipe and slung it over her shoulders like an old water pale holder. "Better, but you're still too predictable in your movements. You need to switch it up a little every now and then." Alex said as you rolled over and rose to your feet, glaring at her. "I thought this was physical therapy, not Mulan." You grumbled to yourself, but excepted her hand as she extended it down to help you.

"It's both, and you'll do well to listen. You said you wanted to learn how to defend yourself, and working for the DEO will do just that for you." She handed you the pole back. "Trust me, it was just as much vigorous training for me when I joined the DEO."

You sighed and got into your defensive position again. "I know I complain a lot, but I really do appreciate everything you guys have done for me..."

She softened a bit, giving you a little smile. "Of course, Y/N.."

It had been almost a year since the alien terrorist attack in downtown National City, where several explosives built with alien technology detonated, causing multiple casulaties and ensuing in hundreds of innocent people being severely injured. You had been a near-casualty, and would have died, if your ex, Kara, hadn't hurried to the scene with the the rest of the DEO's field agents. Your girlfriend at the time, Lena Luthor, was taken to the hospital with the rest of the surviving victims, while Alex and Kara decided there was no time to waste, and rushed you to the DEO where they could use their resources to try and bring you back from near-death.

Alex Danvers had always been your friend, ever since you had first met her. She had been your friend, your roommate, and your closest companion the last three years of your life, and that didn't change as you lay in one of the DEO's suspension tanks, comatose.

When you were taken out, and had woken up for the first time, Kara was leaning in the doorway of the infirmary. Things had been awkward between the two of you, after everything that had happened, but she didn't want you to die, that was for sure. And she could see how much you meant to Alex. She told you about how her sister had stayed by your side as much as possible, always waiting for you to wake up.

When Alex walked in to check on you and saw you awake, she ran to you, enveloping you in a hug. You held her as she cried, crying with her as Kara left to give you some privacy.

The months afterword were hard. For the first three you were almost completely paralyzed from the waist down, and it took entire month just to be able to bend your toes. But you were determined. Alex was there through it all. She was on the other side of the walking bars in your physical therapy sessions, she was there during the first eight or so months when you were able to walk successful, and had your mind set on starting to jog. She was there when you were at full health, ready to leave the DEO and go back to your life, when they told you that wasn't an option. When they told you that ten months prior, you had been pronounced dead at the scene of the attack. She was there when any chance of you having a normal life flew out the window.

And Alex was there when you decided to stop sulking. She was the one who suggested you become an agent, and even provided a form and offered to be your trainer. She was always there. You smiled softly as she got back in her stance.

"Let's go again. I've got a few more rounds in me, I think."