Prom?: (Sam)

This is a one-shot requested by imsodead2. They wanted a Sam oneshot with some drama, so, here we go. I hope you enjoy it.

Also, it's September 2nd as I'm posting this, and I just want to remind everyone that the voting for the smut chapter will be closed the 4th, so make sure to get your vote in, and I'll tally them up and let you all know!

Without further ado- enjoy.

You sat at your lunch table in the cafeteria. The year was 1998, and junior and senior prom was all anyone was talking about. Everyone was buzzing with the prospect of going to prom, asking significant others, corsages and dress shopping.

You seemed detached from it all, you had to admit. You weren't planning on going- your best friend Caleb refused, and the only girl you wanted to go with was already taken.

You glanced over at her across the room, sitting on that gargantuan ignaramous' lap. It made your blood boil, your face turning down in a scowl as he shamelessly ran his hands down her back and bottom, practically devouring her face.

"Ugh." You groaned in disgust, looking away. Caleb took a bite of his apple, brushing a strand of long sandy hair out of the his face. "If you keep making that face, it's going to stick, dumbass."

You scowled at him. "Oh eat your apple." You bopped it with the heel of your palm into his mouth.

He took it out, rolling his eyes. "Just move on already. She's not going to even look at you, especially not with Jockzilla slobbering on her." He scoffed. "I doubt she could even turn her head, or what's not currently stuck in his giant mouth."

You snorted. If anything, at least Caleb making fun of her baboon of a boyfriend lifted your spirits.

You glanced back to the table, frowning as you noticed they were gone. Oh well. You'd see her in math anyway.

You turned back to say something to Caleb, before you gasped, going rigid as a carton of milk was dumped on your head. "Drink your milk freak show!" The Gigantopithecus said, tower over you with his milk carton down turned, a couple other letterman-clad teenage boys laughing their asses off.

Slowly, you stood, turning around to face him. Your fists were clenched. "What is your damage?" You hissed at him, and he scoffed, smirking down at you.

"My damage? I don't have any; I just like doing whatever the fuck I want to freak-ass loser-fags like you." He leaned down and flicked you right between the eyes. Your face burned with embarrassment as most of the cafeteria laughed.

"You're not going to get away with this stuff forever." You murmured, and he smirked. "Oh yeah? And who's gonna stop me? Who's going to stand up for you, Freak Show?" He asked, looking around. You glanced around. Everyone you made eye contact with looked away. Leaning against the doorframe, you spotted your crush. She held your gaze for a moment, looking uncomfortable, before glancing away. Your face fell.

"Didn't think so." He grinned, taking his lunch tray and pushing it into your face, the remains of his lunch sticking to you as he pulled the tray away, deciding he'd had enough, and walking off to laugh with his buddies. You looked to the doorway, but she was already gone.

***

When it was time for math, you made your way to your classroom, sitting down at your desk. As everyone filed it, you noticed someone heading toward your desk. She stopped in front of you, holding her books to her chest and looking to the side almost nervously.

"Hey.." she said.

You looked up at her. Was she.. talking to you?

"Uh.. Hi?" You said, although it came out more a question. You had managed to get the milk out of your hair via the gym showers, and wiped the potato and gravy from your face, but you couldn't help but be paranoid you had missed something, and she'd notice and leave.

"You're Y/N, right?" She asked, and you nodded. "Sam?" She nodded.

"I just wanted to say, I'm sorry about earlier, about.. well you know." She looked a little ashamed. "The fact is.. he's a jerk, and I know that, and I should have stepped in, but I didn't, and I know that was an awful thing not to do, but-"

"Sam." You said softly, and she looked at you mid-ramble. "You're rambling."

She blushed. "Ah... Am I? Sorry.." she set her books down on your desk, toying her her sleeve. "I guess I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and I want to make it up to you."

"Make it up to me?" You asked, scrutinously.

She nodded, she opened her mouth to say something, when the teacher arrived, and ushered her to take a seat. She grabbed her books and headed to her seat in the back.

As she left, you noticed she'd left a plain notebook on your desk. It had your name on it in marker, and you glanced back. She nodded at you from her seat, noting the words 'open me!' under your name.

Alright... You thought to yourself, opening the cover. The first page had one word, in beautiful calligraphy.

Prom?