Astrogal(Kara): Part 4

I don't own any of the characters of Supergirl, I just like making these for you guys. Also, note: ** I know I said I would NOT be doing more after I've already finished a prompt and moved on, but this is the one prompt I couldn't deny. I really enjoyed writing this one, and after getting a couple requests for it, I've decided to go ahead and add a FOURTH part, and a FIFTH part, which will be Astrogal's final installments. Without further ado, enjoy.

"What do you mean 'marry her'? She just ripped my shirt off, Lee!" You blushed as you hid in the supply closet, peeking out every now and then waiting for Kara to come back. You had called your best friend and roommate the minute you had come out of your stupor, telling her exactly what had gone down. "No I'm not exaggerating- yes Lena she literally tore it from my body with her bare hand!" You insisted, slight panicked and slightly flustered.

You froze as Lena suddenly suggested something you hadn't thought of. "No.. no you don't think-" you bit your lip as you saw Kara rounding the corner, and muttered a quick 'I'll call you back later' before hanging up on Lena.

"I wasn't sure what color you liked and there weren't a lot of choices so I just grabbed this one and I am so so sorry I didn't mean to rip it off it was just-" she blushed as she continued to ramble on in apology. You worried she wasn't getting enough oxygen, but you also had to admit it was a little endearing seeing her so flustered, especially after her confidence just a few moments ago.

"Oh um, it's.. it's alright, Kara, really." You assured her, blushing slightly yourself as you moved your arms from their place covering your chest to take the blue and white CatCo polo shirt she offered.

You pulled it on over your head while Kara blocked you from sight, standing in the doorway. Pulling your hair out from under the shirt, you straightened out the wrinkles and relaxed slightly, although you still had a lot to process about what just happened. After noticing you had put it on, Kara apologized to you once again, fidgeting nervously with her glasses.

You waved it off. "Really, it's fine.." you said, biting your lip as you both walked to your desks. "...you must work out a lot, huh?" You blushed as the words left your lips, wishing you could take them back, but it was too late. Kara's body language was nervous, and definitely uncomfortable. "Oh, uh,.. yeah.. something like that..." you took the hint and didn't ask her anymore, but you did have a sneaking suspicion there was more to this than just that.

She walked you to your desk, before Snapper called for her, yelling about some article he didn't approve of. She hardly looked at you as she hurried her way to him, looking almost relieved to be getting away from you. That kinda stung, but it also made you even more curious.

You got through the rest of your day without seeing Kara, although as night drew near, it appeared there was another crisis, and you knew you couldn't avoid Supergirl.

Changing into your suit, you waved to Lena as you launched yourself from the balcony of your apartment. A train had lost control of its breaks, and would crash if it couldn't be stopped. You flew faster, a jet stream of air traveling behind you as you sidled up beside the train. You heard a thud, and beside you Supergirl landed atop the moving vehicle. "Get all the passengers out!" She shouted, and you nodded, wasting no time in boarding the train. Carrying a couple people at a time, you got them all to safety and just in time to re-board and give Supergirl a hand.

"What's the problem?" You asked as the two of you made your way to the front car.

"The brakes are out, and the train's not following a path-" she used her X-ray vision as you got to the door of the head car.

"Uh oh.." she breathed. "What?" You asked in trepidation. "There's been a heist. There are three thugs on the other side, two have guns, one is driving." She said, and you geared up for a fight, raising your fists. "I'll distract the two, you get the driver. Stopping this train is the top priority." You came up with a plan, and she nodded in agreement.

"Alright, here we go." She used her heat vision to dry the keypad on the door, and using her super strength she ripped them from each other easily, like she was peeling apart two pieces of bread. As soon as she did, the gunmen turned on the both of you. You decked one in the face as she took the opportunity and leapt over him, toward the driver.

"Big mistake, girly.." he growled, wiping his nose and getting up. His partner started firing at you, and you rolled out of the way, hovering and dodging each bullet, watching as they grew frustrated and more vicious. "Hurry it up!" You called as you dodged each on, swooping in and delivering a swift kick to one thug's head. He fell, unconscious, as the other thug started shouting from up close at you. Those were harder to dodge. One of them scraped your arm, and you yelped in surprise and slight pain, hovering back. You looked over at Supergirl. She had knocked out the driver and was attempting to find a way to stop the train. In the distance, a power plant was coming up, and if you didn't stop it soon, it would spell disaster for everyone.

The thug noticed where you were looking, and raised his gun to shoot her, you didn't have time to process she was bulletproof before you launched yourself at him, knocking the gun from his hands with a BLAM and elbowing him in the face. He fell to the ground, and you panted with the effort of it all, making a mental note to only go on aerial missions from now on. You held your side as you leaned in the doorway, breathing a sigh of relief as Supergirl managed to find the passkey and remove it, effectively stopping the train.

She turned to look at you triumphantly, but her smile fell as she saw how tired you looked, cradling your side. "Astrogal-" She said worriedly, and you knew she was x-raying you. Her eyes got a weird glint when she did, and you'd picked up on it. "I'm fine. I'm fine." You assured her, standing up straight. "We did it, so.. that's good." You breathed, and she moved to help you, although slightly awkwardly. It was clear she still had feelings for Astrogal, but you'd have to deal with that later. "I think I'm going to fly home... you stay and talk to the cops, and keep an eye on these guys." You said, although she didn't want to, she nodded. You smiled, deciding to test the waters. "See you at work, Supergirl." She blinked surprise sky, before you launched up and away, toward your apartment.

Lena was less than happy about having to dig a bullet out of your side, and you definitely wished you knocked that guy out first, but there was little to do about it now. You laid in bed that night, wondering what might happen tomorrow, and if your sneaking suspicions were right.