Always: Alex- Part 2

I do not own Supergirl or any of the beautiful gays, especially the lovely Alex Danvers, although I wish I did.

You lay in bed on a stormy summer night, in your's and Alex's apartment. Thunder rumbled and shook the flat as lighting crashed and lit up your bedroom. You found yourself thrashing about in the large queen sized bed, in a cold sweat as you tossed and turned.

In the room opposite yours, Alex was in her own bed, sleeping rather peacefully in the occurring storm. At least, until she heard you scream. Alex bolted awake, throwing back her covers and stumbling out of bed. She threw open the door and ran out into the hallway, down the corridor and into your room, not bothering to knock as she barged in, searching frantically for you with her eyes in the darkness. "Y/N?!"

"A-alex make it s-stop!" You were sitting up in bed, your cheeks damp with tears. She rushed over to you, hopping up onto the bed and pulling you into a hug. "Shh.. hey.. what's wrong, Y/N?" She wiped the tears from your face, a worried expression on her own.

There was another loud clap of thunder that managed to shake the walls slightly, and you screamed, screwing your eyes shut tightly and clapping your hands over your ears. You curled in on yourself, sobbing, and Alex looked at your with sadness and sympathy. "Oh.."

She wrapped herself around you, resting her head on your shoulder and whispering calmly and soothingly to you. "It's alright, Y/N... It's okay.. you're okay..." She said quietly into your shoulder, and you whimpered as lightning flashed outside the window, momentarily illuminating the room.

With lightning came thunder, and with thunder came sounds she didn't want to relive. Sounds that brought back bad memories, and so much pain. You turned around and wrapped your arms around Alex as well, much to her surprise, and buried your head in her shoulder, just in time for another clap of thunder to rumble the room.

You gripped her tightly, with everything you had. Like if you let go, you be back there; on the street, surrounded by rubble, your ears ringing and all the feeling in your body slowly draining away.. the screams of passersby and the injured...

Alex held you as you sobbed, clinging to her like her life depended on it. "It's okay, Y/N... You're okay..." She whispered, holding you just as tightly. She was never going to let you get hurt again. Not like that. The fact you had to go through this was enough to boil her blood already, but she would never let anyone lay a finger on you. She would always be there for you. Always.

"It's okay... You're okay.. I've got you, Y/N.. I've got you.. You're safe.." She reassured you time and time again. As the night wore on, the storm faded farther and farther away, the thunder becoming distant, the lightning barely a candle in the distance. It wasn't until the early hours of the morning that you found yourself asleep, draped over Alex with your head resting on her shoulder, her arms tightly around your waist. She stayed awake, watching over you and making sure your dreams were nothing but sweet.

She smiled sadly and brushed a stray strand of hair from your face, tucking it behind your ear and kissing the top of your head. She was happy like this: being your protector. She knew you could protect yourself, you had shown that in your time training to be a DEO agent, but.. she still felt inclined to watch over you. She wanted to always be there for you, through the good and the bad. Through every sleepless night and bad storm, she had to be there. She had to know you were safe, in her arms, where nothing bad would ever happen to you again.

She wasn't sure when it had happened. When she had stopped thinking of you as a friend, a roommate, a fellow agent. She thought.. one day it just hit her. She was in love with you. After the three years you had known each other, the two in which you'd lived together, somewhere along the way, after Maggie and Lena, you'd started seeing each other in different ways, she thought.

She yawned and grimaced at the stiffness in her neck and the pain in her ass. She really needed to move, but.. one look down at you, holding onto her and snoring ever so slightly as your head rested on her shoulder, and she sighed. She could deal with a little butt pain. She'd much rather cuddle you than move anyway. Always.