Astrogal(Kara): Part 5

I don't own Supergirl or any of its characters, I just love these babies so much. Without further ado, the fifth and FINAL installment of Astrogal.

You paced the roof of your apartment nervously as you waited, running over possible conversations in your head. Finally, and all too soon, you were jolted out of your thoughts by a pair of red glittering boots landing beside you, although hovering just above the ground.

You jumped back, pressing your hand to your heart. You were thankful you hadn't accidentally launched yourself 'up up and away' in surprise at the sudden appearance.

"What seems to be the trouble?" Supergirl asked, giving you that determined, heroic half-smirk of hers. No, stop it! You chided yourself mentally. You're just here to ask her some questions!

As you calmed down, you faced her, your left hand on your hip. Your right hand was limp at your side, along with your arm. You could move it if you wanted to, but god, fuck that. It was excruciating to move anyway, the wound site currently bandaged heavily and stitched up. Supergirl didn't fail to notice that, even without her x ray vision, since you were just in a T-shirt and your pajama pants. If you'd have been smarter, you might have covered it up, but for some particular reason you weren't sure of, you were just going with being not so smart for now.

"Your arm- that looks painful. What happened?" She asked, businesslike, but not cold. In fact, her soft blue eyes widened with worry as she quickly glanced over the bandages and back to your face.

You dodged the question, leaning on a brick wall. "You know, I never asked your name." You said softly, and she blinked.

"Uh... what?" She asked, slight confusion written clearly on her face. She heard you- you knew she had heard you- it was just taking a second for her to process what you could mean. "I don't.."

"Your cousin is Kal-El, right?" You prodded lightly, letting your journalist persona take over. She nodded slightly, and you were slightly intrigued to see her sweating, like she was nervous.. or intimidated. You bit your lip to hold a smile at bay, although you weren't so sure why you cared so much. "So... What's your real name? Your birth name, rather than your caped persona."

She opened her mouth, but faltered, and you saw the cogs turning in her brain. "Zor-El." She said after a while, still hovering in front of you. You took a step closer. "Zor-El, of Krypton?" You asked, eyebrow arched. Wow that's butch-

"Well, Zor-El is- was my father's name. Kal and I are both children of the house of El- it's what our symbols mean- the crest of our family." She gestured to the insignia on her chest, and you nodded sincerely. "It's hope- not an 'S'."

She nodded.

"So.. it was your father's name, and you inherited it? Like a Jr.?" You made a guess, becoming interested in the conversation a bit more. "Sort of. I have a first name, but.. for reasons I'd rather not specify, I don't want to say." You nodded, although you must admit you felt a little disappointed.

"Why did you want to know?" She looked curious, and you shrugged, glancing away. "I don't know.. I just don't know all that much about you. It's nice to know something, even a little bit, I guess."

You weren't expecting her to get any closer, and you certainly weren't expecting her to lift your chin, meeting your eyes. Your heart fluttered in your chest to match the blush peppering your face and neck, burning aggressively. You could tell she could hear your heart, which only made it worse.

"There's a lot about me you don't know, Miss L/N." She said, her faint pink lips inches from yours, and god you were tempted. She pulled away before you got the chance, flashing you a smile and launching up into the night, leaving you starstruck.

**** ****

The next day at work, you sat distractedly at your desk, tapping your pencil as you doodled absentmindedly. You made it through most of the day that way, paying little attention to all else and ignoring the article due two days from then, in favor of sketching those eyes of hers on any spare post it notes or stationary you had on hand. Your pencil didn't do them justice- especially not the color.

"Hey."

You jumped, your pen fumbling in your hands and falling to the ground. You looked up, your heart racing as you stared up at Kara, breathing a sigh of relief. You brushed the paper under your various folders and papers and reached down, picking up your pen.

Kara however reached down to grab it at the same time, and your hands brushed. You yanked yours back, face flushed.

Standing straight, she smiled at you. "You okay? You're a little jumpy.." she fidgeted with her glasses.

"Oh, yeah, yeah I'm fine." You brushed it off, although you were far from fine. You stood for up straight and looked her in the eyes. Something struck your memory- something you hadn't noticed before.

Her eyes were beautiful ocean blue.

"Kara.." you muttered. "Of course.."

"Huh?" She looked at you slightly confused, before paling slightly. Bingo. You felt like a complete idiot.

"Your name... your first name is Kara." You breathed, and she looked slightly panicked as she tried to brush your accusation off. "O-Of course it is, I'm Kara Danvers- I work here..Y/n are you feeling okay?" She tried to check your forehead but you brushed her hand away, stepping so you were up in her face.

"No.. your name. Your real name." You insisted.

"I think you need to sit down-" she adjusted her glasses and tried to get you to sit, but you weren't having it.

Instead, you found yourself reaching up, your fingers ghosting over the frames of her glasses. They were so close- you were so sure..

DING!

"W/N!" Suddenly, you were startled as Cat yelled to you from her office, giving a cry of surprise and instinctively launching back a few feet, shoving out with your hands. A gust of air pushed Kara away from you, sending her flailing and crashing into her desk. You slapped your hand to your mouth, flushing with embarrassment as the room fell silent and everyone turned to look at you.

You just outed yourself as Astrogal.. and Kara wasn't who you thought she was.