Astrogal: Part Three(Kara)

"That's what I keep telling you, Lee." You sighed, sitting on the countertop. You were in your kitchen, recounting to your roommate what had happened with Supergirl at the pub the night before.

"So let me get this straight." She said, leaning against the fridge, wine glass in hand. "You turned down Supergirl- Supergirl- because you have a thing for a woman who doesn't even know you exist?"

You glowered at her. "What? I'm just reiterating." She raised a hand in surrender. "So, what are you going to do?"

You looked at her quizzically. "What do you mean 'what am I going to do'?"

Lena shook her head. "Well, if you're not going to accept Supergirl's affections, are you at least going to ask this Kara woman out on a date?"

You pursed your lips. "I don't know... Maybe I should ask Supergirl about her? Kara's the one who interviews her, so maybe she'll know a bit about her? But then again.. it feels wrong to ask her about someone else, when she has feelings for me- or at least, for Astrogal." You sighed, leaning back and accidentally bashing your head on the cabinet.

"Shit!" You cradled your head, and Lena chuckled. "You're hopeless.." She sipped her wine.

"She has a thing for Astrogal, right? No mention of liking Y/N L/N, right?" She prodded, setting her glass down on the counter. You nodded, not sure where she was going with this.

"Well, then it's perfectly reasonable for Y/N to ask about Kara. She won't care, because she doesn't know that you're the same person."

"But I know, Lee. That's the problem. It feels wrong.. dirty even, to use her for information like that." You sighed. "I, and by extension, Astrogal, don't feel that way about Supergirl. I can't lead her on like that."

"Well it might not work out even if you do find out if Kara is single. Maybe Kara likes someone else too. Then both you and Supergirl can be disappointed together." Lena offered, and you smacked her on the arm.

"You are seriously not helping here." You sighed. She shrugged and looked at the clock.

"Or, you know, you could just ask her out today at work, since you're going to have to get ready in the next five minutes to make it on time." You paled. "Shit!" You launched off the counter, barreling toward your room to get ready for the day, getting dressed and hurriedly braiding your long h/c locks as you ran out the door. You didn't have time to take the bus that day, so you'd have to fly.

Running into the alleyway beside your house, you launched yourself up, barreling towards CatCo as fast as you could manage, and hopping into the supply room window. You hurriedly smoothed down your hair and went to open the door, when the door opened by itself.

"Oh! Hey, I didn't see you clock in today. I didn't know anyone was in here." Kara apologized, rubbing the back of her neck. You blushed. "O-oh no, it's okay, I was just getting.. staples. I'm all out of staples." You played it off with a little nervous chuckle.

"Ah.." Kara said, but your noticed the sweeping of her eyes over the room, and how they stopped at the open window, curiosity and dubiousness clear in her expression. You made for the door. "Well I should get back to my desk.." you murmured, going to move past her, when she suddenly blocked the path, closing the door slowly.

"W-wait.." you looked up at her, and were surprised to see her blushing faintly. "U-uh.."

"Can we uh.. can we talk?" She scratched the side of her cheek in a way that seemed familiar, you just couldn't put your finger on it.

"Well, uh, we should get back to work-"

"Y/N, please.." she bit her lip. Gods help me. "O-ohkaysurething.." you squeaked, sure your face was the color of her crimson pencil skirt.

"So uh.. Supergirl talked to me last night.." she started, and your stomach ached. "Oh..?"

She nodded. "She uh.. she told me she asked you about Astrogal, and you seemed a bit uncomfortable.."

"Really?Howinterestinggoon." You nodded your head, trying to keep it together.

"She uh.. she told me some stuff, and.. I got talking with some friends, and my sister, who kinda..."

Oh, god she knows. She knows my secret.

"Well.. they kinda convinced me.." she was walking toward you all the while, until your back pressed against the shelves, and she was reaching towards you. Your useless lesbian heart was screaming for her to do many things one shouldn't at work, while your brain was stuck on 'oh shit' mode.

Her lips were inches from yours. God they looked so kissable. "..that you were Astrogal..." She whispered, her fingers lacing their way delicately around the buttons of your shirt. Your breath halted in your chest, and you reached out and grabbed onto the fabric of her shirt near her hips, on instinct really, gasping her name-

"Kara..!" The buttons of your shirt came popping off, exposing your chest and the new blue lace bra you had bought the week before. Your face was crimson in hue, matching hers, as the two of you stared at one another in shock.

Her shock because you weren't wearing the Astrosuit underneath, and your shock because holy fuck Kara Danvers just ripped my shirt off at work.

"I.. am so sorry..!" She blushed, backing up. "Oh my god, stay right here, I'll go get you another shirt- I am so, so sorry!" She bolted out of the closet.

"..It's cool..." You murmured weakly after her, still dazed, before you slumped against the shelves, breathing a sigh of relief. You forgot to put on your supersuit this morning... You could have laughed. You did laugh.

And then you called Lena to tell her where she could shove it.