Changes- Part 4: Sam

I don't own Supergirl, or any of these characters, but you know what? I do what I want! I don't care what Canon says, RUBY NEEDS TWO LOVING GAY MOMS WHO ARE ADORABLY DOMESTIC, MKAY.

Sam awoke to the sound of gunfire.

Echoing through her room and the rest of the house, she heard shouting and the blams of rounds being fired, pinging off of things and shattering others. She sat up in a cold sweat, looking around, before leaping out of bed.

"Ruby! Y/n!" She cried in a panic, grabbing a robe and throwing it on as she rushed out of the bedroom and into the living room.

You and Ruby turned to look at her, both of your mouths stuffed with flapjacks and syrup, both of you sitting on the floor in front of the TV.

Sam's breathing slowed from panicked pants, to normal, her shoulders relaxing. "What in the hell are you watching.. you almost gave me a heart attack." She breathed.

"Uh.." you swallowed. "Underworld..?" You avoided your fiance's gaze as she looked at you in disbelief, her arms crossed. "Underworld... You're letting Ruby watch Underworld." She drawled.

You rubbed the back of your neck. "In retrospect.. we thought you wouldn't wake up so soon.."

Ruby swallowed a large forkful of flapjack, turning to look at her mother. "Mom! This is so cool!" She beamed. "Selene is so badass!"

"And that is your one swearword for the week." Sam shot her daughter a look, before turning to you, crossing her arms. "Y/n.." she sighed, and you groaned as you got up.

"Whaaat? I covered her eyes during the sex scene.." you pouted. Sam shook her head. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Well there are plenty of things you could do with me-" You put your hands on her waist, pulling her to you. She rolled her eyes, fighting it a bit playfully before draping her arms over your shoulders. "Y/n.." she whine-chided. "I'm-" you pecked her on the lips. "-supposed-" peck. "-to be-" peck. "-mad-" peck. "-at you."

You silenced her with a lingering kiss on her soft, cushiony lips, as she tightened her arms around your neck, kissing back in between grins.

Ruby's nose scrunched up as she pretend-gagged. "Ew.. go in the other room at least.. I'm trying to eat, here.."

You and Sam broke away from each other, chuckling and looking to Ruby. "Alright, we'll save it for while you're at school." You winked, and Sam blushed, Ruby groaning and turning back to the tv, a small amused smile on her face despite herself.

"Pause it!" You called as you walked with Sam into the kitchen, hopping up onto the counter as she unwrapped the plate of flapjacks topped with blueberries that you and Ruby had left for her.

You reached down and gently prodded your torso, wincing. It had mostly healed, your bullet wound, but it was still a little painful here and there. Sam turned and noticed, walking over to you and placing a hand on your abdomen, her fingers gently brushing over the scar of where you'd taken a bullet for Lena, at the unveiling of the Supergirl statue.

She pursed her lips as her fingers ghosted delicately over your skin. "I can't believe you did that.." she murmered, scowling.

You took her hand in yours, lifting it to your lips and gently pressing a kiss to the top. "I'd do it for you in a heartbeat."

She reached  up and brushed your hair from your face, cupping your cheek In the palm of her hand. "Don't say that, Y/n.."

You leaned into her palms, closing your eyes in bliss. "I would.. if it were between my life and yours, or mine and Ruby's,  I'd choose you both in a heartbeat." You said with a sigh.

You looked up at her, only to see tears swimming in her eyes. You faultered. "Sammy.. Sammy what's wrong?" You hopped down from the counter, taking her face in your hands. You wiped the tears that ran down her face in streaks. 

She shook her head, sniffling. "God, I'm sorry.. I'm not meaning to cry I just.. Your job is so dangerous, Y/n.. when you say things like that.." she looked away.

You frowned, pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry, Sam.. I didn't mean to upset you.. I just-" you sighed, pulling away and taking her hands in your own. "You're right. My job is dangerous. I have to deal with lots of dangerous people, and there are times when I do get hurt. But I promise I will always come back to you.." you cupped her cheek in your hand, and she reached up with her own hand, placing it atop your own.

She looked up at you with a sadness in her eyes, and you leaned forward, kissing away the tears from her eyes. "I will always protect you, and return to you, and love you, Samantha Arias, and don't you forget it.." you whispered.

She nodded, a small smile gracing her lips as she kissed you, pulling you closer to her. Your hands draped over her shoulders as she held your waist, the two of you getting lost in each other's embrace. That was, before Sam's phone rang from her purse across the room.

She pulled away from you, sighing and running a hand through her hair.  "Y/n.." she looked up at you with an apologetic look.

You shook your head. "Go ahead. Ruby and I got it here. We'll go to the pool today, or something." You chuckled reassuringly, wiping the last of her tears.

She contemplated it for a moment, before sighing. "Alright.." She moved to go get her purse and keys.

"Honey?"

"Hm?" She turned around to look at you.

"As much as I enjoy you in your current attire, I doubt your co-workers do."

She blushed, realising she was still only wearing a robe. "I should go get ready.." she nodded, heading into the bedroom.

You chuckled and walked back over to the livingroom, plopping down beside Ruby and giving her a light shove. "I told you to pause it!"

She giggled and shrugged, and you shook your head.