Alternative- Part 2: Sam

Wow! So much positive feedback already for the first Sam chapter! I'm impressed! Well, you didnt have to wait long, then, did you? Anyways- I don't own Supergirl blah blah blah- back to the story.

You stared at Sam, at a loss for words. "Sam.. I.." She stood, walking over to the bed and opening the bag of clothes you'd both packed, digging through it and pulling out a little black box. "I'd intended to wait until the Easter egg hunt for Ruby tomorrow morning.. but nows as good a time as any, right?" She chuckled nervously, walking back towards you.

You didn't know what to say. You simply stared, your hand flying to cover your open mouth as she got back down on her knees, opening the box. Inside was a ring, decorated in your favorite gemstones, nestled carefully into the velvet padding of the box. Oh my god I think I might just cry- shit I'm crying.. You thought as tears started to pool in your eyes and run down your cheeks.

"Sam.. oh my god.." you managed to choke out.

"Y/n M/n L/n, you have made me so happy this last year, and even before, way back in college." She chuckled. You couldn't help but grin a by at the mention of the years you spent as friends in college. "You have stood by me, no matter what, and you have been just as much of a mother to Ruby as I could be." She smiled softly.

"Stop it, you're making me cry.." you laughed as you wiped your eyes. She laughed as well, standing and kissing the tears from your cheeks.

"Will you marry me, and legally become an Arias?" She asked, and you nodded fervently as she slid the ring onto your finger, taking her face in your hands and kissing her happily.

She wrapped her arms around your waist and kissed you back equally impassioned, as the door opened and Ruby poked her head in. "Mom? Y/n?"

Sam turned to look over at her, and you wiped the tears from your face, still smiling. It took her a moment, before Ruby looked between the two of you, and noticed the ring on your finger. "You really did it?" She looked to Sam, an excited look on her face.

Sam nodded, wiping at tears of her own as she beckoned Ruby over. Ruby obliged, hugging her mother around the waist, then doing the same to you. Your grin grew as you hugged her back, Sam wrapping her arms around the both of you.

"Cool- two mom!" Ruby chuckled, and you and Sam shared a loving look.

"But wait- I thought you were going to ask her tomorrow?" She looked up at Sam confusedly. The two of you faultered. You pursed your lips, getting down to Ruby's height.

"Ruby.. Something came up. An emergency at work. I have to go in immediately."

Ruby's face fell. "But... What about Easter?"

You took her hands. "I know it sucks.." you sighed. "But they need me there to help people. I'll be back before the weekend is over, okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise." You gave her a little smile, standing and putting your hand on her shoulder.

She gave a little smile back, and you all made your way downstairs. "You know, in my job, I get to work with a lot of great people. People like-"

"Supergirl!" Ruby beamed, running to the living room where lol and behold, the girl of steel hovered dramatically off the ground.

"Supergirl." You nodded. "I appreciate the lift."

Kara nodded back. "Of course, Agent L/n. We'll be back in National City in a jiffy."

You turned and gave Sam a lingering kiss, your fingers intertwined. "I'll be back before you know it." You whispered to her.

"We'll be waiting." She smiled back, gesturing for you to go with Kara as Ruby stepped back with her mother, her eyes wide with awe.

You smiled, mouthing an 'I love you' and blowing them a kiss as you turned and walked out to the back porch with Kara, who wrapped an arm around you and took off, into the night and toward National City.