Changes- Part 2: Sam

I do not own Supergirl or any of it's characters, I'm just slowly falling more in love with this absolutely adorable woman and her sweet, innocent little daughter. Please send help I've fallen and I can't get up.

"Many ages ago, in our arrogance and delusion, we shattered the dark crystal, and our world split apart.

Your courage and sacrifice have made us whole, and restored the true power of the crystal.

Hold her to you. She is part of you, as we are all part of each other.

We leave you the crystal of truth. Make your world in it's light."

You clicked the movie off as it came to a close, Ruby's soft snores filling the living room. A glance at the clock told you it was late. You yawned, sitting up and a groan as you felt your healing wound move in an uncomfortable way. Nonetheless, you got to your feet, hefting Ruby into your arms.

She had fallen asleep with her head on your shoulder, a cookie hanging half out of her mouth and crumbling onto her pajamas. You smiled softly and carried her to her room, setting her down on the bed and pulling gher sheets up over her, taking the cookie and setting it on the bedside table.

You kissed her on the forehead and turned out the light, leaving the room. You took the time to clean up the kitchen and the living room, all but rubbing your eyes as you finished around 1:30.

Just as you were headed to bed, you glanced at the television, turning it on  real quick to make sure there were no giant battles you were missing.

Your eyes widened at what you saw. It was all over the news. Symbols all over the city, of a horrifying scull, surrounded by the familiar Kryptonian diamond shape. You frowned, but checked your phone. "No new calls or messages from anyone at the DEO..." You murmered to yourself.

You heard the door open, and in the sound of heels clicking on tile. You stiffened, coming around the corner and grabbing your pocket knife out of the basket nearby. As they reached the corner, you turned it as well, pointing the knife. You were suprised to see Sam standing in front of you. "Sammy." You sighed in relief, setting the knife down. 'You scared me, honey."

Sam said nothing, this intense look on her face. "Sammy..?" You asked, slightly concerned. She looked you over a few times, like she was processing something, before she took you by the waist and pulled you close, hands unusually strong against your hips. You blushed. "Woah. Someone's an eager beaver.."

"You are special.. why is that?" She murmured, her voice low, her head tilted almost in question.

"Uh.. I don't know.. it must be a good reason, if you want to marry me.." you chuckled slightly. You pursed your lips and lifted your hands to her face, cupping her cheeks. "Sammy.. are you alright? You can tell me-"

You were silenced by her pressing her lips to yours, rather forcefully. It was a bit of a surprise, but if this was something new she wanted to try.. who where you to put her down?

She pulled away from you before you knew it, and you had to admit, too soon. It was like she was calculating something, her brow furrowed as she thought.

"Sam.. is this your way of trying something new?" You asked, tilting your head a bit. "I don't mind, just, if you could fill me in a bit, maybe we could talk about it or-"

"Silence." She said, her eyes narrowed as she looked to you. You blinked in surprise. Well then.

"Honey, I love you, but I'm not doing any domi-"

Her eyes bugged out of her head. "Say that again." She commanded.

"I love you, but I'm not doing any domina-" You were cut off by her striding over to you in the most passive aggressive way possible.

"Again." She commanded, her eyes searching your face.

By now, you thought you had it. "I love you.." you said quietly, but with certainty.

She looked beyond shaken. "No, you don't."

You frowned, taking her hands. "Yes I do. I've said it before, and I'll say it a hundred thousand more times before I die. I'll say it now, and I'll say it the day I stand on that alter and take your name in marriage. Samantha Arias, don't you ever doubt that I love you."

She looked taken aback, startled even, before relaxing a bit, although her breathing was heavy. She looked at you, then looked around. "What the.."

"Sam? Are you okay?" You asked worriedly.

"Yeah, yeah of course.. sorry, headache." She chuckled, brushing it off. She looked you over, then looked herself over. "Why am I still dressed? What time is it?" She glanced at the clock.

You furrowed your brow in confusion, but said nothing.

"It's three in the morning?" She gasped. "What are we still doing up?"

"I uh.. I don't know. Why don't we head to bed." You suggested. You couldn't bring yourself to tell her. Hell, you didn't even know what had happened.

She nodded, walking over and kissing you on the cheek. "Come on, let's go. Ruby's several rooms away, and fast asleep by now. Maybe you and I could have a little fun." She winked, walking ahead of you to the bedroom.

You watched her walk away, waiting until she was out of earshot to sigh. You were beyond confused, but for now, you'd just have to roll with it.