Astrogal: Part One (Kara)

Okay, so, I'm gay for Stratogale, so, have an au where you're a superhero too bc you know what, why not? Right? I haven't done that yet- let's do that. You're now a superhero- poof! You're welcome? You're welcome.

You sat at your desk at CatCo, typing into your computer. You were arranging a layout for the cover of this week's magazine. It was coming along alright, if you did say so yourself.

You glanced up as you heard a door slam, and blushed slightly as Kara Danvers, your coworker and good friend, walked over, huffing as she leaned against your desk.

"Snapper getting to you again?" You asked, and she threw her hands up exasperatedly with a frustrated groan. "That man is insufferable!"

You smiled slightly amusedly to yourself, handing her the coffee cup on the edge of your desk. "You can take a breather here if you want. I've just got to finish this cover and-"

From the tv, you tuned in to see chaos in the streets. Horrifying aliens were destroying downtown National City, wreaking havoc. You faltered, standing before looking to Kara. "Keep the coffee. I uh.. I have to go print something. You're free to hide from Snapper at my desk all you want!" You called as you hurried off and out of sight, leaving Kara to stare after you confusedly.

As you rounded the corner and stepped into the empty supply room, you shed your dress shirt and pants, slapping your mask on your face and darting out the window.

The wind was cold against your face, but you hardly cared as you sped toward downtown, leaving a trail behind you in the sky as you rocketed toward the scene. You hovered above the park square as you looked around at the chaos below you, before speeding down and landing with a resounding thud, that shook the ground.

You glance around, before rushing over to a child, who appeared to be lost. "Mama!" She cried, blubbering and looking through the crowd.

"It's going to be okay.." you assured her, the little girl turning to look at you through teary eyes. "A-astrogal?"

You nodded. "Everything is going to be alright.. now can you tell me what your mama looks like?" You asked gingerly, looking around.

She opened her mouth to tell you, before looking past your shoulder and screaming. You whipped around to see a car sailing through the air and toward you. You reacted quickly, grabbing the little girl and shielding her as you prepared yourself for impact.

It never came, however. You glanced up after a bit, to see Supergirl holding the car up above you. You blushed, breathing a sigh of relief. "Supergirl.. just on time." You got to your feet, helping the little girl up as well.

From across the courtyard, a woman looked around frantically, until she saw you and Supergirl with the child. "Ruby!" She called, running towards you all.

You ushered the girl to her mother, this Ruby girl running happily into her mother's arms. "Mama look! Supergirl and Astrogal saved me!" She beamed, bouncing. Her mother thanked the two of you profusely, but you had other matters to deal with. A giant, ugly, white alien was rushing toward you. You and Supergirl shared a look.

"I've got these guys, you get everyone to safety." She ordered, and you nodded, lifting Ruby and her mother into your arms and taking off, flying subsonically to the other side of town. "Follow the stream!" You shouted to the people below, all following you as they fled from the area, leaving Supergirl to take the invaders down.

Many hours later, as Supergirl and the DEO rounded up the last of the aliens, whom they were referring to as Martians, you made your way back over to her, hovering a few feet in the air as she stood on the ground.

"Astrogal." She acknowledged with a smile and a nod. "Good work out there. You saved a lot of lives."

You blushed. "You have everything on raps here?"

She nodded.

"Alright. I should head back then. See you around, Supergirl." You waved, blasting off into the city. You smacked your forehead along the way. God you were stupid! That was so short and blunt and dorky! You groaned as you flew back into the supply closet, re-dressing and walking to your desk. The coffee cup was still sitting on the edge of your desk and you felt your heart drop. She hadn't dranken it.

You sighed and sipped it, grimacing. It was cold now. You tossed it in the trash and got back to work on the cover, not noticing as Kara walked across the room, smoothing out the wind-blown pieces of hair untangling from her pony tail, or the fact her shirt was buttoned wrong in three places- the window wide open.