The kings wishes

----Shadows POV----

The hour arrived I had been trying to avoid. Soon my father and his damned royal council would appear boring me with my monthly update on how the empire was doing but really it was a meeting off older vampires telling me all the things I'd done wrong and must improve on before I take my fathers place.
It's not like I needed to learn quickly my father was old in years but not in appearance he barely looked a day over thirty when in truth he was about two hundred years older than he appeared. He would rule for many more years to come and I can just stay the way I am. No responsibility and care free.
I entered the dinning room where the grand dinning table was. That girl had done well I thought to myself as I admiring how the wood shinned and the windows sparkled.
I ran my hand along the table and smirked. "Oh how I will enjoy breaking her" I mumbled to myself.
"Breaking who ?" A familiar voice boomed behind me.
"Father" I muttered and turned to face him. He had a look on his face which worried me.
"Son I asked you a question and I expect an answer" he stated and closed the door behind him.
"Nobody just some girl I have taken to be a new slave. She isn't worth much nothing for you to become involved with." I responded with a look in my eye telling him I no longer wanted to talk about the matter with him.
"Ah I see" he smirked and motioned for me to sit also. "As you can see I am alone I wished to speak with you one to one on the matter in hand and I wish for you to listen I will not repeat myself" he stated his voice emotionless and dark.
Yes the man might be my father but in truth I would never deny his wishes and would never disobey him. If anything I would stand by his side till the end like a good prince should.
"Now my son this year marks your golden birthday. The year in which myself and all kings before me are seen as coming of age and I see you as no different. This year I expect great things from you Shadow and I know your mother would have to."
I winced at the mention of my mother but just kept listening to my fathers words.
"It has come to my attention you have not even thought about the fact you will turn into a full power vampire this coming October. Am I correct ?" He glared at me.
"I guess but really father I've trained all my life I know I can handle it" I pointed out with a cocky grin.
"Shadow I know you can Handle it but can you handle the responsibility with it ? Within a few years I will pass the crown to you and"
He continued talking but I heard nothing my mind went blank. "A few years I will pass the crown to you" What !!!!
What I wasn't ready to be a king hell I was enjoying my life as it is ! My mind went into over load and I couldn't think straight.
"Shadow !! Are you even listening ?" He shouted and stood from his chair.
"Shadow I came here to tell you in short I expect you to find a queen within the next six months or I will find you one myself ! If you do not find one or refuse the girl that I pick I will have no other option than to pass the crown to your brother who I'm positive would be much more compliant. It is to much seeing you run around with females you do not intend to marry you are bring shame upon us and I will have it no longer ! A queen is what I expect from you and your mother would have expected the same." Once he had finished ranting i had taken all the information my anger growing silently.
This wasn't what I wanted at all I would not commit to some stupid gold digging whore which all the vampire noble women were. No I wouldn't have it. I can see it now once Gabriella find out my father intentions she will whore herself to me even more than she already does.
No I didn't want that and then it clicked that little girl I had taken from the blood trade market could be my ticket out of this and my chance at keeping my title to the crown.
"And how long after marring this woman would I be then crowned king ?"
"Shadow you know the vows you are married then crowned within the same ceremony it has always been that way" he replied abruptly.
I went to speak again but my after was to quick. "I will take my leave now but insure this Shadow Knight if I find out you have not changed your ways within these next few months and attempted finding a wife I will make your immortal life hell on earth. Am I clear" he asked me and a shiver actually ran down my spine.
I was scared of nothing in this world but the anger of my father.
"Crystal clear father" I forced my voice to keep it's strong edge to it.
"Good" and then he was gone. Full power vampires could do that they could just disappear into thin and I couldn't wait to have that ability.

I made my way to the room that my little slave slept in. I could hear her breathing almost down the corridor it was so shallow and soft. I slowly opened her door and she was so peaceful not the disobedient child that she is when she's awake.
I stood just watching her and studying her features.
Soon this stupid human girl with the pretty face would be my chance at getting the thrown and then I could just await her death she is only a mortal she would only live eighty or So years then I would be free and I could then go on with life the way I wanted it whilst wearing my crown !

-------------------
Comment and vote
Love you all x