Is it the truth or a lie (part one)

Graces POV

Well he took the news better than I thought he would actually he'd taken it really well.
I spent the majority of that day In Shadows arms and it felt right.
Dinner time was soon approaching and Shadow had asked me to go get changed and meet him in the dining room once I was freshened up.
It didn't take me very long to get ready I dressed myself in a white sleeveless dress and pumps.
Descending down the stairs I could hear voices which meant I wouldn't be eating alone with just Shadow which upset me.
I knocked softly on the dining room door and it was opened right away by a gentleman i had never seen before. "Ah so this is my nephews bride to be" he grinned closing the door behind me.
"My name is Marcus but I guess you can call me uncle seen as you'll be family in a matter of weeks" he laughed and smiled awkwardly as he pulling me into an embrace almost squeezing me to death.
"Eh it's a pleasure to meet you I'm Grace Rivers" I said polity.
I could sense I'd get along well with Marcus he seemed kind natured.
"I've been left to entertain you while your fiancée gets a firm word from his old man"
"Oh" I incurred "has he done something wrong ?"
"Not so much him but his father feels a scene was cause at the Ball not that long ago. Your attack has been the talk of the kingdom" he informed me taking a seat at the table
"Oh I didn't mean to cause a stir I don't even remember it all I remember was waking up back here. I didn't mean to cause Shadow any trouble" I rambled feeling my insides churn.
Marcus opened his mouth to respond but was cut of by the two men entering at the other end of the room.
"You didn't cause me any trouble Grace don't you dare think that." Shadow spoke calmly as he sat down and signalled me to the seat beside him.
I did as he wished and sat down beside him. I felt his hand rest on my knee under the table and I covered his cold hand with my own warm one.
Shadows father sat directly in front of us and I felt the same uneasy feeling I'd felt when I first met him at the ball.
"It's an honour to see you again Grace" he greeted and offered me a half hearted smile. I wasn't sure if it was just the fact he didn't like me or if he was like this with everyone but I did smile back and greeted him with kindness.
"Why so serious Brother she's just a girl lay of a bit" Marcus chirped in the kings direction.
I heard the kings low chuckle and shadows hand tightened around my knee.
"I don't mean to frighten you Grace Rivers I just like my authority to be known it's a force of habit which clearly Shadow has under his belt seen as how obedient you seem to be" he growled.
I didn't understand why he had grown so angry I'd barely said two words to him but he looked as if he wanted to kill me.
"Father that's enough it's nothing to do with Grace and even if I hadn't bought her at the Trades I would have found her and made her my wife anyway"
"Don't lie to me Shadow I know full well this marriage is a fake. I can't believe you thought you could lie to me and I wouldn't find out" he boomed and stood from his chair.
"Blade told you" shadow responded.
"Yes" was his single word reply.
"Shadow I have thought long and hard on what your punishment must be for your lies not only to me but to every damned vampire we rule over" the king turned away from us as shadow stood letting go of me.
"And what is my punishment father" I could hear the uneasiness in his voice.
"As you can see your uncle has joined us today and we both know you cant lie to Marcus without him knowing due to his gifts" his voice was low and powerful which was a terrifying mix and I felt like running from the room and hiding.
"I want you to look your uncle Marcus in the eye and tell him you are in love with Miss Grace Rivers. If you are lying he will know and then I will have great pleasure in punishing you by making you watch the girls life drained from her."
I felt my breathing stop and my heart pound.
I was going to die Shadow did not love me I knew that he only felt strongly for me but Love was not what he felt.
Tears streamed down my cheeks as I realised in the next few moments my life would be no more.

------
CLIFFY !!!!!!!!!!
Don't you just hate me for doing that haha and btw let me clear it up I'm not letting this story go damn no I was just looking inspiration for a new story stop freaking out guys
Soooo new character Uncle Marcus
The kings clearly really pissed at shadow for lying
And WOW what do you think will happen
Comment and vote
Love y'all x